Thursday, April 20, 2017

Is Your Heart Glad?

Image from triplebraidedlife.com

Protect me, O God, for in you I take refuge. I say to the Lord, ‘You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you.’ As for the holy ones in the land, they are the noble, in whom is all my delight. Those who choose another god multiply their sorrows; their drink-offerings of blood I will not pour out or take their names upon my lips. The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; I have a goodly heritage. I bless the Lord who gives me counsel;in the night also my heart instructs me. I keep the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved.  Therefore my heart is glad, and my soul rejoices; my body also rests secure. For you do not give me up to Sheol,or let your faithful one see the Pit. You show me the path of life.In your presence there is fullness of joy; in your right hand are pleasures for evermore. (Psalm 16)

Do you have a friend that you know that when you see them, a smile just comes across your face?  Usually, it is because that person has a glad heart.  A glad heart is one that rejoices in all things, because of the joy and presence of the Lord in that person's life.  Are you such a person?  A glad heart is one that always give thanks in all things.  The owner of a glad heart knows the true value of things, has seen the big picture and rejoices in knowing that what they have has come from the loving hands of God and they count it as a rich blessing.  Many are the stories shared by people returning from mission trips who tell of how blessed they were by seeing people in economic conditions that honestly most of us are not used to, yet saw a joy and a gladness that in our nation of abundance seems to decrease by each day.  I have stayed with families who share the richness of joy in a simple meal, usually denying themselves so that I could eat.  They are blessed with glad hearts.  When it is all said and done, a glad heart will see not only the hands, but the face of God, who has provided rich and wonderful things for us, and that joy will be eternal.

Dear friend, take stock of the blessings in your life, and be glad.  Become an owner of a glad heart so that your presence will bring smiles to the faces of your friends and to new friends that you do not yet know.  This blesses the Lord and it blesses us!

PRAYER:  Awesome God, thank You for all You always provide.  I want to become the owner of a glad heart.  May Your presence in me bless others with smiles of joy, and beams of hope.  This I pray in Christ Jesus' precious name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!  Bless someone right now!

Eradio Valverde