Thursday, November 29, 2018

From Now On Every Road You Travel Will Take You to God!

Image from slideshare.net

My head is high, God, held high;  I'm looking to you, God; No hangdog skulking for me.  I've thrown in my lot with you; You won't embarrass me, will you? Or let my enemies get the best of me? Don't embarrass any of us Who went out on a limb for you. It's the traitors who should be humiliated.  Show me how you work, God; School me in your ways.  Take me by the hand; Lead me down the path of truth. You are my Savior, aren't you?  Mark the milestones of your mercy and love, God; Rebuild the ancient landmarks!  Forget that I sowed wild oats; Mark me with your sign of love. Plan only the best for me, God!  God is fair and just; He corrects the misdirected, Sends them in the right direction. He gives the rejects his hand, And leads them step-by-step. From now on every road you travel Will take you to God. Follow the Covenant signs; Read the charted directions. (Psalm 25:1-10 The Message)

Happy Thursday, dear Friend!  May this be a terrific Thursday for you and yours.  I almost said Taco Thursday, but that's terrific too if you like/love tacos!

Have you ever thought or been asked, "If you had to do it all over again, would you do it the same?"  It's an interesting question because we can't.  We can think, "Yes, there were some things I would not have done, or some things I would have done."  "I might have had a different major," etc., etc., etc.  The psalmist looks back on his life and begins by being thankful for where he is.  Head held hight indicates no regrets.  Yes, we all have regrets, including David, but overall the triumphs and joys outweigh those!  When we add God to the mix, which we should always, we have no regrets.  Our sins were washed away; this morning at 12 midnight, our day was brand new!  I love how he shares the reality of what many do, "hangdog skulking."  I had to admit that's not a phrase in my everyday vocabulary, but I get it.  Nellie and I take our dog and Carli's dog on a walk almost every day, and some days we take them on a long walk and there comes a point in the walk, usually towards the end when one or both will hang their heads and if they could talk, they would surely say, "Are we there yet?"  Once we get them home they sleep all afternoon long.  

The believer who "throws his lot" in with God knows there will not be any embarrassment for him or her; enemies will usually flee, for victory is God's.  Every risk we have taken, every step taken away from our comfort zones for the good of God has been a blessing; those who never risk or venture beyond what's good for them end up with humiliation or regret.  We long to know more about God and God's will for our lives.  We seek to continually learn more about God.  We want to walk down the path of truth.  As we remember our yesterdays, may we remember where God was when we felt down or felt defeated; may the joys and victories that came our way shine brighter than any shadows of yesterday's bad days, because God was with us.  We ask the Lord and we ask our own brains to forget the reckless days of our youth; may only the positive of those "adventures" shape us into better people for today and tomorrow.  

I love how the psalmist says, "Mark me with your sign of love" meaning as people interact with me may they see that my heart beams with love that has been placed there by our God.  May we make decisions in the Lord, seeking to be like Him, fair and just.  May the title of today's devotional be the mantra that guides us today and tomorrow:  From now on every road we travel will take us to God!  That will happen guided by devotional time such as this, scripture reading, worship, prayers, fasting, and listening to God.  Those are the best charted directions.

PRAYER:  Loving God, thank You for all You do in and for me.  I pray that the words of this devotional be true today and tomorrow and all days in my life.  I want to be one who beams Your love and who walks in Your ways.  Guide me and bless me.  Let me be a blessing to You and Yours; in Christ Jesus I pray, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!  The signs are there for the right road to travel if we will but look.

Eradio Valverde

PRAYERS:  Please be in prayer for Mr. Johnnie Fogel who has prostate cancer.  May the Lord bring healing to our brother and guide the doctors in the right path of defeating this foe.  Pray for one another; pray for yourselves.