Thursday, August 22, 2019

Lifelong Protection and Help

Image from pinterest.com

Hear Here: http://bit.ly/2ZegMCj

1 In you, O Lord, I take refuge; let me never be put to shame. 2 In your righteousness deliver me and rescue me; incline your ear to me and save me. 3 Be to me a rock of refuge, a strong fortress, to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress. 4 Rescue me, O my God, from the hand of the wicked, from the grasp of the unjust and cruel. 5 For you, O Lord, are my hope, my trust, O Lord, from my youth. 6 Upon you I have leaned from my birth; it was you who took me from my mother’s womb. My praise is continually of you. (Psalms 71: 1-6 NRSV)

May this Thursday be a tremendous one for you and yours, dear Christian Friend! I ask that as you pray during today, you'll keep Mr. Bill Acker of Alice, TX, in your prayers. Bill's had two brain surgeries and now is suffering some spasm in his aortas that feed into the brain. Prayers for his healing. Also, please keep our son-in-law, Eric Cortez, as he undergoes exams for back pain. Eric will undergo an MRI to see what is going on in his back. Pray for one another. Pray for yourselves.

Name a household item that has lasted for longer than thirty years. Nellie and I once bought, I believe for $29.95, a microwave from Marshall Fields, a Chicago department store, briefly located at North Star Mall in San Antonio. That microwave lasted us 30 years. It was there for us every morning, noon time, and evening, as needed. Then one morning as we tried to punch the buttons, no response. It was dead. Our girls never knew another microwave! I believe we turned down a chance for extended warranty for that microwave. We didn't need it.

The sub-heading in the online Bible that I used to copy today's passage, read as today's title for this devotional. God offers to those who believe and call on Him, lifelong protection and help. The psalmist came to know this as a boy during his days in the pasture, and then later as king in his palace. God never let him down. God was a constant help, a rock of refuge, a strong fortress, a savior, and a deliverer from the enemy. All areas and aspects of his life were covered and protected by God. From birth until the day he died, David knew God to be the God of constant help. And so should we. And as a result and as a response, we should heap on God our continual praise.

PRAYER: Loving God, may we be worthy of Your protection and help. Fill us with grace and compassion. This we pray in Christ Jesus' strong name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord! Today, sell someone on the lifelong protection that only God can provide !

Blessings of love,

Pastor Eradio Valverde

Your loving prayers, emails, and financial support keep this ministry going. You can share your love through paypal.me/eradiovalverde. May the Lord bless you and keep you!