Tuesday, June 07, 2022

Three In One!

Image from gshep.org

Hear the devotional here: https://bit.ly/3tGouDl Watch on YouTube: https://youtu.be/sh8UvtZFLB8

12 “I have much more to say to you, more than you can now bear. 13 But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine. That is why I said the Spirit will receive from me what he will make known to you.” (John 16:12-15 New International Version Bible)

A blessed and happy Tuesday to you, dear Friend. I thank God for you, for your being a part of this ministry. I also thank you for your prayers and understanding that some days or nights I am just worn out and cannot logically write a devotional ("Hasn't stopped you before, preacher!" Shh!) as was the case on Sunday. Nellie and I were wonderfully blessed during our camp meeting! We met some new wonderful brothers and sisters, and made some awesome friends from Bend and Lometa United Methodist Churches. I was invited out by an old, dear friend, The Rev. Tim Brewer and was hosted by Mr. and Mrs. Pat and Bonnie Millican to stay in their guest home on their ranch in Bend, TX. We were fed by Pat and Bonnie, Cory and Vicky, and Jackie and Charlene. All were marvelous hosts and served us delicious food! In the evenings we had food at the campgrounds prepared there; hamburgers, a fish fry, and pulled pork. Sunday had a covered dish, but Nellie and I opted out as we had eaten earlier in the morning in Lampasas when we filled up our truck to return home after worship. But, Nellie and I returned home so tired I was not able to compose a devotional for yesterday, so here is Monday's a date late, but hopefully not a dollar short!

I have to confess I am not much of a DIY person. My Dad tried, in vain, to teach me a bit of the wealth of knowledge he had for fixing things. I learned to develop thick skin for not knowing things like a Philips head or flat-head (which I thought he made up to describe my thinking when it came to tools!) screwdrivers. I learned that Lava soap is a wonderful oil remover, as are red work rags. And that an effective flashlight holder is one whose hands do not shake! (More thick skin). I also learned that there were some lubricants and oils with numbers in their names, like WD-40 and 3-in-one. The latter, for some reason, stayed in my mind as I sought to learn more about God. The technical name was Trinity and it was all about God being three persons in one.

This coming Sunday is Trinity Sunday. The Church will affirm its faith in God and God's nature. This is the gospel lesson for Trinity Sunday. As we read the passage we hear Jesus speak about the Holy Spirit and about God the Father. Each a person in the Godhead, each different, yet each the same. Their roles as defined by the Bible are God is the Creator; Jesus is the Savior; and the Holy Spirit is Comforter/Counselor. God was present at creation as was Jesus and the Holy Spirit. It is God who has been with us through this journey called history, and it is God who will see us through the end times. Jesus spoke these words in preparation for what we celebrated on Sunday, Pentecost, the coming of the Holy Spirit. Jesus measured His words so that we could comprehend, receive, and utilize the instruction that He was sharing with us. With the Holy Spirit already come, it is He Who is guiding us into truth. What the Spirit speaks comes from the Father, and the Spirit gives us clues about what is next. All will work together to glorify Jesus; and in, and through it all, it is God Who will be glorified. All we know now is because of the Holy Spirit at work in us. And with the power of the Holy Spirit, our work continues!

PRAYER: Loving God, bless this day and bless us. Help us know that with the confidence of You in us, we shall overcome all things, and bring honor and glory to Your Kingdom. Bless this dear reader in wonderful ways; this we pray in Christ Jesus, Amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord! Show the power of God at work in you so that God may be glorified as the true Three-in-One!

Receive my blessings of joy and peace,

Pastor Eradio Valverde

Camp Meeting photos click here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/64175728@N05/albums/with/72177720299563129