Wednesday, July 20, 2005

REMOVING OBSTACLES TO OBEDIENCE

Good day dear friends.

Let us continue to pray for those who may still be affected by Hurricane Emily.

And let us thank the Lord for expected and unexpected joys. Nellie and I are proud to announce that we will be grandparents for the first time in March! Our prayers for our daughter Sarai and our son-in-law Eric Cortez as they prepare to be parents!

Here is our study guide for today:

Wednesday: For our day of purpose and action, revisit the checklist of obstacles and blessings of obedience. What have you done lately for the Lord? What have you “passed” lately believing you weren’t ready? What can you do to reclaim that opportunity? Do you want to?

Here is that checklist from our Inside Tract (Sermon notes used during Sunday worship at First UMC-San Marcos):

Obstacles to obedience:
1. Ourselves
2. Our spouse (significant other)
3. Our children/dependents/siblings
4. Our time.

Blessings from Obedience:

1. Ourselves (A better perspective)
2. Our spouse/significant other (Deeper understanding)
3. Our children/dependents/siblings (Team spirit)
4. Our time (An appreciation for precious moments)

What have you done lately for the Lord?

What have you “passed” lately believing you weren’t ready?

What can you do to reclaim that opportunity?

Do you want to?

PRAYER: Merciful God as I pray this morning I pray for a deeper sense of obedience towards You and Yours. I pray that You would allow me to better understand who I am and who You want me to be. Let me better appreciate my spouse, my children, and to gain greater control of my time so that I could spend more time with You. I pray asking forgiveness for those times I have passed doing what You wanted hiding behind the excuse of my not being ready. I pray for new opportunities to serve. I pray in the name of He who strengthens me, Jesus my Lord. Amen.

Have a great and blessed day!

e.v.