Thursday, April 13, 2006

GOOD NEWS!!

Good day dear friends.

We continue to study the Entrance of Jesus into Jerusalem as an entry of victory.

Here is our study guide for today:

Thursday: Please find Luke 4:18, read in there what Jesus believed to be His purpose in having come to the world. Underline that verse in your study Bible and let it speak to your heart today about all Jesus offers, with love, to you. Come to worship tonight at 7 for Communion.

Here is that passage from the New Revised Standard Version: 18 "The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free."

What a purpose Jesus had! In Him we find the fulfillment of the OT prophecy written by Isaiah. Led by the Holy Spirit, anointed by Him "to bring good news to the poor;" "release to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free." Let those words speak to your heart. Where do you find yourself in that which Jesus offers? Are you poor in some way? If not financially, spiritually, perhaps? Do you find yourself captive to a habit or addiction you alone can't break? Do you find that spiritually you are blind to seeing the goodness of God in your life? Do you feel oppressed in spirit by something you've said or done?

Hear again: This is GOOD NEWS! God acted on our behalf, through Jesus Christ to deliver us from all that is mentioned above. We don't have to stay poor! We don't have to be anyone or anything's captive! We don't have to stay blind! We can see! What do we do to receive all this? Simply ask.

PRAYER: Come, Lord Jesus to my plea. You know what I need and this is what I claim for my life today. Speak lovingly to me and let me know all you offer for me. I pray in Jesus' name. Amen.

Have a great and blessed day!

e.v.