Monday, March 26, 2007

THE EXODUS IS OUR STORY


Good day dear friends. Sorry for the delay in sending this ConCafe. Here is our study guide:
Monday: Exodus 13, 14, & 15. Record the pendulum swing of the actions of God, the troubles endured, and the negative and positive responses of the people.
How much is this story my story. Be honest and admit how much this story if your story as well. It's a daily story. God blesses me, and I'm fine with God. Trouble or temptation comes along, and I forget all about God. Then I need God and I cry out to God. God blesses me, and I'm fine with God. Trouble or temptation comes along, and I forget all about God. Then I need God and I cry out to God. God blesses me, and I'm fine with God.
Now, was that God's fault or mine? Yes, you're right, mine. And yours. I forgot to add the complaints that I sometimes utter up against the things I'm facing in hopes that God will hear me and do something about it. But usually those complaints are just my interpretation, make that negative interpretation, of what I'm facing. And again, it's not God's fault, it's mine.
The people of God, just like you and me, expected God to act in a mighty but immediate way. What they did not understand was that God worked through all of the experiences to form a people. Every experience however good or bad was to show the people a lesson about God. After forty years they would have a God-history and they would be blessed by remembering all that God had done on their behalf.
You've been blessed by the stories that make their way into our email inbox about those people whose perspectives about life and God make them enjoy each day. At some point in their life they decided they would gain nothing by being negative and despairing about what had come their way; a positive outlook on life would bless them like nothing else.
It's your choice. You're handed a menu and you can choose either from Column A, which is the positive perspective or from Column B, which is the negative response. Remember you're choosing what you will gain.
PRAYER: Loving God of love and life, speak to me the word of hope and joy even in the midst of those things that cause me to get close to despairing. You are with me, and I praise You! In Jesus' name, amen.
Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!
e.v.