Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sunset or Sunrise?


Early this morning Nellie and I walked along the beach of Mustang Island. We're on the last morning of our Area Cabinet retreat with Bishop & Mrs. Dorff, the district superintendents and spouses, and staff that make up the Extended Cabinet of the San Antonio Area. It's been a great time and this morning we resolved to do our brisk walk/run on the beach. Nellie ran barefoot and I ran with my Vibram Five-Fingers (just like barefoot but with protection). We started early enough that we only saw the light of the sun hidden behind distant early morning clouds. We walked until the sun peeked and were awed by the beauty of the sun rising slowly to its place. I wondered, which do I like best, a sunrise or a sunset? A sunset means the end of a day with rest coming, but a sunrise means the start of a new day with adventures and challenges coming... Which do you like? I like the promise of a new day and new adventures and challenges. More so if we do it with the knowledge that Christ goes with us. Who can forget His promise, "Lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen" (Matt. 28:20)

Enjoy your day! Glorify God today!