Thursday, June 28, 2012

Restoration Comes From God

Good day dear friends.

Our text for today comes from Psalm 30: 1 Help, God - the bottom has fallen out of my life! Master, hear my cry for help! 2 Listen hard! Open your ears! Listen to my cries for mercy. 3 If you, God, kept records on wrongdoings, who would stand a chance? 4 As it turns out, forgiveness is your habit, and that's why you're worshiped. 5 I pray to God - my life a prayer - and wait for what he'll say and do. 6 My life's on the line before God, my Lord, waiting and watching till morning, waiting and watching till morning.7 O Israel, wait and watch for God - with God's arrival comes love, with God's arrival comes generous redemption. 8 No doubt about it - he'll redeem Israel, buy back Israel from captivity to sin. (The Message)

I was paid a compliment from a support person from a computer company. Yesterday in trying to "help" my wife with a problem with her phone, I reset it and much to my aging dismay, could not remember the proper contact info to get all her data back on her phone. This included our daughters' telephone numbers and email addresses. I did not panic and though we were on the road most of the day, she believed that I could "fix" the problem that evening. I knew all of her information was somewhere in the "cloud," and with the proper contact info I would retrieve it back. As this young man was helping me via telephone support, I asked about a recent article about pay and working conditions for this particular company and he said he loved the product and he loved the customers, "just like you that have lost all their data and still remain calm and cheerful." He shared how he had once lost his job because he had lost all his data and now he used three backup methods for his data. Thank the Lord that within a few minutes all of Nellie's data on her phone was restored and in her eyes I was a hero once again.

The psalmist knew of the "cloud" way back then. He knew that God could easily store a record of all our sins, yet God's "habit" was one of forgiveness, not condemnation. And though it seemed like the bottom of his life had fallen out, God would respond with full restoration. And like himself, Israel also should wait upon the Lord for their restoration. Restoration comes from a God of love. We are still responsible for our end of the deal to seek forgiveness for our sins and when we do that "cloud" of recorded wrongdoings is erased permanently. God is just that way.

PRAYER: Loving God, thank You for Your love and faithfulness to respond to our prayers of reconciliation and restoration. May we seek to be right with You always and may we share the good news message of Your loving kindness. In Jesus we pray, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde