Saturday, March 08, 2014

Obedience

Image from http://www.parkcitychurch.org.nz

Staying on Track with God requires our Obedience

From Exodus 19:5 Now if you obey me fully and keep my covenant, then out of all nations you will be my treasured possession.

Humility begins with obedience. We humans have always suffered from the innate disobedience we were built with, but God understands and God forgives. To journey toward a deeper understanding of ourselves and our need for God during these 40 days requires our knowing that we need to be obedient to God. Obedience requires love. If we love God, we will do as the passage from Exodus says, we will obey God fully and keep God's covenant; our reward is to become God's treasured possession.

Obedience means knowing that we do not have all the answers, but God does. Obedience requires trust. There is no one in whom we can place more trust than God.

Journey well by starting with obedience. Several times in the Bible we read and as a result, also sing, "Here I am, Lord; Is it I, Lord?" Send me to where Thou wilt.

PRAYER: Lord, strengthen my life by making me humble before You. Guide me to deeper obedience I pray. Amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord.

Eradio Valverde