Thursday, June 16, 2016

Be Patient, God's On His Way!

Image from pinterest.com

As a deer longs for flowing streams, so my soul longs for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and behold the face of God? My tears have been my food day and night, while people say to me continually, "Where is your God?" These things I remember, as I pour out my soul: how I went with the throng, and led them in procession to the house of God, with glad shouts and songs of thanksgiving, a multitude keeping festival. Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my help and my God. My soul is cast down within me; therefore I remember you from the land of Jordan and of Hermon, from Mount Mizar. Deep calls to deep at the thunder of your cataracts; all your waves and your billows have gone over me. By day the Lord commands his steadfast love, and at night his song is with me, a prayer to the God of my life. I say to God, my rock, "Why have you forgotten me? Why must I walk about mournfully because the enemy oppresses me?" As with a deadly wound in my body, my adversaries taunt me, while they say to me continually, "Where is your God?" Why are you cast down, O my soul, and why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; for I shall again praise him, my help and my God. (Psalm 42)

Seeking God when we are troubled should be first on our list.  This first verse of this psalm has spoken to so many people who immediately relate to the image of a thirsty deer seeking cool water to quench its thirst.  So is the psalmist aware of his own need as he faces yet another challenge in his life.  Add to the challenge the taunts of his "friends" who ask, "Where it this God you're always talking about?"  Having spent time crying, taunts are the last thing you need.  But then his heart remembers that God is near; God has delivered him before, and will do it again.  Soon.  And the hope returns to his soul, and his mind is once again clear.  God is good.  God is near.  God will take care of this.

We can never let external nor internal things taunt us to the point of paralysis; we need to keep moving, hoping, trusting, that God is near to us and will bless us in our need.  It's a message worth sharing with someone whom you may know, if it's not you yourself, about what God can do.

PRAYER:  Loving God, in Your hands I place myself and those who need You.  Grant to us Your peace and hope.  Help us to find the quenching of our souls in You.  My soul does thirst for You, the living God, and I know You heard this prayer and are already answering it.  I lift it in the name of Jesus my Lord, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde

Prayer Request:  Our brother Leroy Keese is having surgery in San Antonio this morning.  Please keep him and his family in your prayers; you'll remember this has been quite a long journey of recovery from an earlier surgery and need.  God is good, and God's on His way!  Thank you for your faithfulness in praying for one another.