Thursday, February 09, 2017

Follow God's Road

Image from hermentorcenter.com

You're blessed when you stay on course, walking steadily on the road revealed by God. You're blessed when you follow his directions, doing your best to find him. That's right - you don't go off on your own; you walk straight along the road he set. You, God, prescribed the right way to live; now you expect us to live it. Oh, that my steps might be steady, keeping to the course you set;  Then I'd never have any regrets in comparing my life with your counsel.  I thank you for speaking straight from your heart; I learn the pattern of your righteous  ways.  I'm going to do what you tell me to do; don't ever walk off and leave me. (Psalm 119:1-8)

I have a pretty good sense of direction except when I'm in some hospitals.  I dislike those hospitals that you know started small and then they just added on to them.  Another floor or two, an annex, tunnels, skywalks, etc.  Before too long you have a large hard to find patient's rooms and then back to the main door through which you came!  It's fun to watch children who have great sense of direction as adults are driving they help navigate their way back to where they need to go.  Our oldest was about two or three and was riding with her mom and a friend and the friend was driving and she said, "I don't know if this is the way I should go." Our baby said, "Yes, you're going right, but up there you have to turn that way and you'll find it."  Our oldest grandson when riding with his grandma told Nellie, "Grandma now that you can drive, you can take me to Dairy Queen!"  Nellie said, "I don't know the way."  He said, "Don't worry, I'll show you!"  And sure enough he did.

This week has been about making decisions and trusting God.  The psalmist in this modern version of the Bible says that blessings are ours when we stay on course and if we walk steadily on the road revealed by God.  Many have been the stories you and I have heard about those who turned the wrong way or so they believed until they realized the good or blessing they were bringing to someone in need because of that wrong turn.  Many have been the times we have been blessed because we obeyed that God-feeling to go a certain way.  Listen again to this verse:  "You, God, prescribed the right way to live; now you expect us to live it."  God indeed has prescribed the right way to live and we have to but follow it.

Where do you have to go today?  What is in store for you?  I think it's all part of the God-adventure we're called to live to be a blessing for God.  Listen closely, and walk steadily besides God and you will be amazed  and blessed. PRAYER:  Loving God, guide my path.  Help me stay the course towards where You are leading.  Let me be a blessing to all with whom I come in contact so that You may be glorified.  This I pray in Christ Jesus' strong name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde

PS:  Dear friends, please pray for me as I am on retreat/cabinet meetings this week.  Therefore, no videos with this devotional.  I may have time to share one later today.