Monday, April 26, 2021

Let Christ Live in You!

Image from biblia.com

Listen to today's devotional here: https://bit.ly/3vmTPcf

1 “I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. 3 You are already clean because of the word I have spoken to you. 4 Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. 5 “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. 6 If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. 7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8 This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples. (John 15:1-8 NIV)

Happy Monday, dear ConCafe Family! And a day filled with God's affirming message be yours, dear Friend, is my prayer for you! May you seek His face and may His face shine upon you in ways that make you glow! May our prayers bless those whom are hurting, healing, and in need of God's favor. Make time to pray for one another; pray for yourselves.

Jesus is a wonderful communicator. He excelled at teaching and preaching because He knew how to connect on levels that others could not. He lived and worked among the common people, using illustrations and stories that quickly connected to the point and purpose of each of His messages. Today's passage is no exception; Jesus speaks of the connectedness we need with Him and God. Jesus identifies Himself as the "true vine," and God, His Father, as "the gardener," whose purpose is like that of an earthly gardener; to prune and cut branches according to the needs of the vine. The unfruitful branches face being cut off; the fruitful ones get pruned to allow for more growth. We know the purpose of the vine of God is to grow with fruit that blesses God and God's people. Those who regularly study God's word, attend worship, study in fellowship with others, pray in regular times; these are the methods of pruning; Jesus says those of us who do such things, "are already clean." The invitation though, is for us to "remain in (Him), as (He) also remains in (us)." Apart from Him, we can do nothing, and certainly not bear fruit. If we center on Christ, He becomes our all; our focus, our strength, our direction, our purpose and meaning; and from that we can glean a harvest of new souls for His kingdom. If we seek to remain in Jesus, we will bear much fruit, and should realize that apart or away from Him, we can bear no fruit. In fact, Jesus says that the future of nonbearing branches is not very bright; cut off and thrown into the fire, where branches will burn. Yet listen to additional gifts for remaining in Christ; "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples."

So, then, are we remaining in Christ? Are we truly living our lives connected to God through Christ? Are the fruits of our lives visible to the Lord? Are we bearing much fruit for Him? At the very least are we showing more love and affection to all people? Can people truly see the love of Christ in us radiated out to them? I pray so, for Jesus wants us to show ourselves as His disciples, and in so doing, we bring honor and glory to Him.

Make a difference by being the difference!

PRAYER: Loving God, I seek to remain in You and I invite You to remain in me. Guide me and bless me to be the disciple that You have called me to be. Fill me with love so that I can love others, especially all who need love; in Christ Jesus I pray, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord! Smile a smile of love to all today.

Receive my blessings of love and peace,

Pastor Eradio Valverde