Thursday, September 09, 2021

I Love the Lord!

Image from bible.com

Click here to hear the devotional https://bit.ly/38SgmVk

1 I love God because he listened to me, listened as I begged for mercy. 2 He listened so intently as I laid out my case before him. 12 What can I give back to God for the blessings he's poured out on me? 13 I'll lift high the cup of salvation - a toast to God! I'll pray in the name of God; 14 I'll complete what I promised God I'd do, and I'll do it together with his people. 15 When they arrive at the gates of death, God welcomes those who love him. 16 Oh, God, here I am, your servant, your faithful servant: set me free for your service! 17 I'm ready to offer the thanksgiving sacrifice and pray in the name of God. 18 I'll complete what I promised God I'd do, and I'll do it in company with his people, 19 In the place of worship, in God's house, in Jerusalem, God's city. Hallelujah! (Psalm 116:1-2, 12-19 The Message Bible)

May this be a special and blessed Thursday for you dear ConCafe Family! And may you, dear Friend, rejoice in He Who loved you first; then share that love with all with whom you can. By showing love you will make the world a better place for all. I have no updates on any of the persons for whom we have been praying; but we trust in God for His mercy and peace. Please pray for one another. Pray for your personal needs and the needs of those around you.

Remember being love-sick? Me neither. NO! I joke! Yes, of course I do, and so do most of you who are truly honest. You met the one you thought was "the one," and all your thoughts and dreams were focused on him or her; and you even found yourself carving initials in trees or desks in school. Or, you wrote her/his initials on the paper where you should have been taking notes. Your close friends understood, once you told them, and they still smiled that wicked smile of "you dog, you!" (or more current expression with which this old man is not familiar!). Have you ever been love-sick for God? Imagine David's heart; he was constantly in love with God and sought him. When he realized the mercy God had shown him, he loved God all the more. As he realized that God heard his prayers, he loved God even more. And having a grateful heart, David asks the question, what more can I do for You, loving God? I can't begin to out-give God! God wins every time! His love is greater than mine; as His generosity and His mercy and grace. I could try getting up earlier and seeing what more I could give or do, and God would be across the finish line, smiling with pride at you for your having even tried. David then remembered the vows he had made to God and vowed again to fulfill them. And, realizing the realit of life, David says that on the other side of this life, God awaits those who love Him, and welcomes them with open arms. And David says a precursor to our Communion prayer, "Free us for joyful obedience: with his "Set me free for your service." And indeed, David's heart and spirit are set for a thanksgiving sacrifice and again, vows to fulfill the vows he has made before the Lord, in the company of like believers and friends, who all seek to praise and serve the Lord in the church, in God's Holy City, wherever they may find themselves; they are ready and willing to serve Him.

So, dear one, show your love for God in ways that please and honor Him, and that serve to bless and strengthen you in your daily walk with Him. Let all this be solid inspiration for God's people, but especially those who would be God's people soon. The harvest is ready, we just have to ask God to send us laborers to work among us to bring all who belong to God, home among the faithful.

PRAYER: Loving Father, may we seek You in all we say, think and do; but especially in areas where we know we are lacking. Help us bring in the harvest to You, loving God; in Christ Jesus we pray, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord! Write your initials with love on God's heart with a special blessing to honor and please Him.

Receive my blessings of peace, hope, and joy!

Pastor Eradio Valverde