Thursday, April 28, 2022

God Comes Through!

Image from pinterest.ph

Hear (Audio Only today!) the podcast here: https://bit.ly/3xT3NH4

1 I give you all the credit, God - you got me out of that mess, you didn't let my foes gloat. 2 God, my God, I yelled for help and you put me together. 3 God, you pulled me out of the grave, gave me another chance at life when I was down-and-out. 4 All you saints! Sing your hearts out to God! Thank him to his face! 5 He gets angry once in a while, but across a lifetime there is only love. The nights of crying your eyes out give way to days of laughter. 6 When things were going great I crowed, "I've got it made. 7 I'm God's favorite. He made me king of the mountain." Then you looked the other way and I fell to pieces. 8 I called out to you, God; I laid my case before you: 9 "Can you sell me for a profit when I'm dead? auction me off at a cemetery yard sale? When I'm 'dust to dust' my songs and stories of you won't sell. 10 So listen! and be kind! Help me out of this!" 11 You did it: you changed wild lament into whirling dance; You ripped off my black mourning band and decked me with wildflowers 12 I'm about to burst with song; I can't keep quiet about you. God, my God, I can't thank you enough. (Psalm 30 The Message Bible)

A blessed and tremendous Thursday bless you, dear Friend, into the fullness of life as offered to you by Jesus Christ. Someone may be waiting just for you to share with them a wonderful word of life and love. Measure your words, load them up with kindness and love, and sprinkle a bunch of hope on them! And watch what God will do with that gift you will share! As we pray, let us continue to pray for the precious twins born a couple of days ago. I was blessed to have seen pictures of them; both are coming along. The boy is named Creek and his sister is Boe; coolest names, no? Boe is still breathing with assistance and Creek is breathing on his own. May God richly bless them. Baby Hudson is holding his own but still needs our prayers. Rev. Gomez is coming along. The goal is to get him off the ventilator and out of ICU. May our prayers help that happen sooner rather than later. And may God richly bless you!

The psalmist again shared a strong message of gratitude towards God because of God's amazing ability to come through right when we need Him the most. Who hasn't been in a mess? And regardless of how you define it, we do find ourselves in messes from time to time. And usually those messes need someone or something to help us out; usually God. In this passage the mess he found himself in was quite possibly a mess that could have led to his death and so he's thankful that God stepped in and saved his life. Who wouldn't be? God is a giver of second chances, and third chances, and beyond! God has pulled you and me from the grave and given us new hope when we thought we were done for. Ours is a God of love and justice, thus the references in this version to God getting mad from time to time; think parent with disobedient kids. Our times of mourning and sufferings last only for a moment and give way to times of laughter.

We all have our good days and bad days. LIfe would be boring if every day was the same. We've even conditioned ourselves, I believe a good number of us, to fear good days; but come what may, God is with us. The psalmist thad that faith that allowed him to have good and bad days, because the days did not define him, nor shouid the events of our days define us; our definition should be the One who made us, loves us, guides us,, and blesses us. If we root ourselves in God, live in God, and seek to follow God, we will be blessed and will bless others. We need a faith that can cry when we need, crying with others as need be; and laughing when we need to, and helping others laugh. Our life should proclaim that God can and does come through for us. The real challenge is for us to come through for God.

PRAYER: Loving God, bless us with a strong faith that proclaims Your love and power to those who have not yet heard and follow You. May we bless You in all things and all ways; in Christ Jesus we pray, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord! Share your witness with someone who needs a boost in faith today.

Receive my blessings of joy and hope,

Pastor Eradio Valverde, Jr.