Thursday, February 09, 2023

Be Careful Little Feet Where You Go!

Image from nationsaroundourtable.com

View the devotional here: https://www.tiktok.com/@eradiovalverde/video/7197993415148047662?lang=en

Hear the devotional here: https://anchor.fm/eradio-valverde/episodes/Be-Careful-Little-Feet-Where-You-Go-e1umfl2

1 You're blessed when you stay on course, walking steadily on the road revealed by God. 2 You're blessed when you follow his directions, doing your best to find him. 3 That's right - you don't go off on your own; you walk straight along the road he set. 4 You, God, prescribed the right way to live; now you expect us to live it. 5 Oh, that my steps might be steady, keeping to the course you set; 6 Then I'd never have any regrets in comparing my life with your counsel. 7 I thank you for speaking straight from your heart; I learn the pattern of your righteous ways. 8 I'm going to do what you tell me to do; don't ever walk off and leave me. (Psalm 119:1-8 The Message Bible)

I thank God that my life was shaped by Sunday school, Vacation Bible School, and all the activies of children's ministry, MYF, young adults, etc. I was especially taught by the many songs that we learned during that time. One of the songs that came to mind as I prepared yesterday's devotional, continues today. The verses from this paslm reminded me of that part of the song that said, "Be careful little feet where you go, for the Father up above is looking down with love, so be careful little feet where you go." I've linked a video that has kids singing it below. The verses of the song go with what the Bible teach us and this Psalm is part of that.

Yesterday we heard Moses' sermon on preparing for entry into God's promises. Today the psalmist is explaining how when we act on what we hear or learn, those first steps are opening fully the doors of that blessing God has prepared for us. Sometimes, it is just that first step that keeps us from fully receiving what God has prepared for us; and the reasons are many. Doubt. Distrust in ourselves. Lazyness. Insecurity. Fear. David is saying, "Walk!" Walk on course, but walk steadily on the path prepared by God. The blessings come when we take actionj, walk forward, and enjoy the walk. I heard a young man speak of his transformation when he came to the realization that he needed to do this in his life. He believed that if he would simply say, "Lord, help me find favor in You in this day with those I meet," and everything changed. He went from being a D student to being a top student. His faith allowed him to see and understand people in a better and different way, and this new attitude helped him to stand out and to have better faith in himself. The psalmist has declared that God has "prescribed the right way to live," and our trusting Him helps us become the persons He has declared, and helps us walk closer to God. God will never leave or desert us.

Now, having heard that dear one, let your first step be bold; show everyone the spring in your step because you're not walking alone - you're in for the win with God by your side.

¡Vamonos!

PRAYER: Loving God, onward and upward with You by our side! In Christ Jesus, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord! YOUR CALL TO ACTION: Take that first step! Invite others.

Receive my blessings of joy and peace,

Pastor Eradio Valverde, Jr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pG4v48drVo