Thursday, September 12, 2024

Life is Tough, But God is Faithful

Image from bible.com

Listen here: https://bit.ly/4gkB0iq

View here: https://bit.ly/47sinFk

1 I love God because he listened to me, listened as I begged for mercy. 2 He listened so intently as I laid out my case before him. 3 Death stared me in the face, hell was hard on my heels. Up against it, I didn't know which way to turn; 4 then I called out to God for help: "Please, God!" I cried out. "Save my life!" 5 God is gracious - it is he who makes things right, our most compassionate God. 6 God takes the side of the helpless; when I was at the end of my rope, he saved me. 7 I said to myself, "Relax and rest. God has showered you with blessings. 8 Soul, you've been rescued from death; Eye, you've been rescued from tears; And you, Foot, were kept from stumbling." 9 I'm striding in the presence of God, alive in the land of the living! (Psalm 116:1-9 The Message Bible)

Dear Friend, as we pray today, please keep this old man in your prayers as at 8:30 am I will be in the dentist's chair enduring a root canal. Your prayers for a successful procedure are deeply, no pun intended, appreciated as well as for our drive home later that day. God is good! And your faithfulness in praying for me and for so many others is a blessing.

I am so thankful to my parents and my paternal grandmother who taught me to pray. I want to be able to meet David's mother one day and just sit and listen to her stories about raising all those sons, including one who became a great king and one of the forebears of Our Lord Jesus. I won't be surprised to hear that as a child he may not have sat long enough to get everything Mom wanted him to learn at each sitting, but the point got across, and he learned to pray and to trust God because of his prayers, which allowed him to write this beautiful psalm. What has your experience been in your prayer life? In this passage, David pours out his heart to God, expressing deep gratitude for deliverance from dire circumstances. He doesn't list them all, as we probably could, but his focus was on the victory not the battle. He knew how to face and to list the trials of his life, and they are vividly portrayed, showing that even when he, as should we, feel trapped by the grip of death or overwhelmed by despair, God's faithfulness remains a steadfast anchor. The unexpected gusts of life can sometimes lead us off course and into more harm's way; pray!

The psalmist's journey from desperation to divine rescue underscores a profound truth: God listens. He hears us in our darkest moments and responds with grace and compassion. When life seems overwhelming, it is often God's presence that brings the peace and strength we need to persevere. The psalmist, even when faced with overwhelming odds, finds solace in God's deliverance and pledges to walk in faithfulness, assured of God’s continued guidance.

In the midst of our struggles, we can take comfort in knowing that God's compassion is not just a distant concept but an active force in our lives. When we find ourselves at the end of our rope, it’s God who steps in, rescuing us and reminding us of the blessings we often overlook.

PRAYER: Loving Father, we come before You with hearts full of gratitude for Your unending faithfulness. Thank You for listening to our cries and responding with mercy and grace. We are grateful for Your protection and deliverance, even when we find ourselves in the depths of despair. Help us to remember that You are always near, guiding us through life’s trials and showering us with blessings. As we walk through our days, may we be reminded of Your steadfast love and faithfulness. Teach us to trust in Your timing and Your ways, and grant us the courage to remain faithful in the face of adversity. Strengthen our faith so that we may live in the assurance of Your promises and reflect Your love to those around us. This we pray in faith, in Christ Jesus' strong name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord! YOUR CALL TO ACTION: Write down or share with a friend how God has rescued you or blessed you in unexpected ways. Use these reflections as a source of encouragement and a reminder of God’s continual presence Additionally, reach out to someone who might be struggling and offer them words of hope and encouragement. Let them know they are not alone and that God’s compassion is for everyone. In doing so, you’ll not only uplift others but also strengthen your own faith by actively sharing God’s love and grace.

I love you and I thank God for you,

Pastor Eradio Valverde, Jr.