Friday, August 12, 2005

PRAYER FOR A PREGNANT WOMAN

Dear Heavenly Father, I pray out of excitement and fear, wonder and worry. I'm aware of the life coming to life inside of me and I pray all is going well for my son/daughter. I pray that even now Your hand would be upon his or her life, body and spirit. As I speak to my husband and family, let the baby hear words of hope, joy, and peace. Let the love that brought my husband and I together in holy matrimony be evident to our child in our conversations and our caresses. And speaking of my husband, give me peace and patience with him. I know he's as bewildered as I in this process. Let me love him and let me know of his love even as I feel different emotions towards him. One minute, Lord, I know him to be the greatest man in the world; others I wondered why his parents didn't kill him. I can't explain the feelings I get and why I sometimes find myself crying; did You, O God, go through this after You made us? Was it all worth it? I know the answer, it's YES! YES and YES! Let me find that YES in the midst of my NOs. May this day bring love to my child. And may I share it with others as well. I pray in the name of Your only child, Jesus my Lord. Amen.