Monday, September 29, 2008

THE SUN BEYOND THE CLOUDS


Good day dear friends.

Here is our study guide for today: In the Old Testament in the Book of Esther, we find a brave woman who went from being a “bench warmer” to being truly a “Play-Maker.” Please make time to read this brief but powerful story about how God used this woman to save His people.

The story of Esther goes beyond a beautiful young lady winning a beauty contest. It is the story of faith and how her faith and that of her uncle saved the people of God. I doubt Esther ever dreamed she would become the co-ruler of her country and even that of being her people's savior. The story if filled with politics, racism, hatred, pride, etc. and teaches that in spite of all that we face, faith triumphs over all things.
May we have the faith of Esther as we live our daily lives.

PRAYER: Loving God, increase my faith. Let me be Your person in all things. May I see beyond the negative into the positive of faith. May I be patient to see the sun beyond the clouds. I pray this in Jesus' Name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

e.v.