Thursday, August 24, 2017

God's Blessings Never End for God's People

Image from bible.knowing-Jesus.com

Listen to me, you that pursue righteousness, you that seek the Lord. Look to the rock from which you were hewn,and to the quarry from which you were dug. Look to Abraham your father and to Sarah who bore you; for he was but one when I called him,but I blessed him and made him many. For the Lord will comfort Zion he will comfort all her waste places,and will make her wilderness like Eden,her desert like the garden of the Lord;joy and gladness will be found in her,  thanksgiving and the voice of song. Listen to me, my people,and give heed to me, my nation;for a teaching will go out from me, and my justice for a light to the peoples.  I will bring near my deliverance swiftly my salvation has gone out and my arms will rule the peoples; the coastlands wait for me, and for my arm they hope. Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look at the earth beneath;for the heavens will vanish like smoke, the earth will wear out like a garment, and those who live on it will die like gnats; but my salvation will be for ever, and my deliverance will never be ended. (Isaiah 51:1-6)

I love the image of our being hewn from the Rock, and I capitalize it for it signifies our being hewn from God; and we're all from the same quarry.  And before that it reads that this is for those who pursue righteousness.  What a wonderful lineage we have, for we share a great family tree.  That in and of itself speaks to those who would hate others for evident differences in our race; there can be no hate in those who recognize we all come from the same place, and if we do pursue righteousness, we're headed to the same place.  This was the prophet's message from God to the people of God, that God's blessings had not stopped.  God's comfort was coming, even to the most desolate places, and speaking of desolate places, those would be made into gardens, and joy and gladness would be found in all places.  Songs of thanksgiving and praise would come from those being blessed.  Again, for those who seek God and God's righteousness.  God's salvation, chief among all blessings, will be eternal.

Here's the key:  God is always good.  We should at least seek to be good.  God provides for us, we should receive and share that which God shares with us. Our message should be one of gladness in the Lord for all people, telling especially those who do not hear or have yet to receive.

PRAYER:  Loving God, our thoughts turn to You during this day filled with some anxiety and fear about the weather.  As people brace for the rain and wind of this tropical storm, bless and protect all people, especially our loved ones who may be in harm's way.  But, above all, let us share comfort, joy, and peace that comes from knowing and trusting God, for indeed, Your blessings never end for those who pursue righteousness.  This we pray in Jesus' name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord.  Share the Good News while staying dry and away from danger.

Eradio Valverde