Thursday, September 06, 2018

We Are Secure in the Lord!

Image from inGodsimage.com

Those who trust in God are like Zion Mountain: Nothing can move it, a rock-solid mountain you can always depend on. Mountains encircle Jerusalem, and God encircles his people - always has and always will. The fist of the wicked will never violate What is due the righteous, provoking wrongful violence.  Be good to your good people, God, to those whose hearts are right!  God will round up the backsliders, corral them with the incorrigibles. Peace over Israel! (Psalm 125 The Message)

Happy Thursday, dear Friend!  I trust this blesses your soul as you move forward and upward in your day.  Any time spent with God is a solid investment in a day filled with God's blessings and grace!

I remember vividly the mountains near and around Monterrey, Mexico.  My Mom had saved up money for our family to have an international vacation and off we went from Kingsville, Texas, to Monterrey, Nuevo Leon, Mexico.  Seeing mountains for the first time in my life left a great impression.  They were huge and majestic and in the mornings I thought they were dark clouds and worried that rain was going to ruin our day, but as I looked closer, the mountains were such that they appeared as clouds.  Living in Denver for a year also made me appreciate the majesty of mountains.

The psalmist says that we who trust in God are like Mount Zion; nothing can move us and for as long as Mt. Zion has been there, we can depend on God.  Our faith should be as solid as the mountains, not easily moved and which can withstand most any storm.  The psalmist then shared how mountains encircle Jerusalem, and they do; the picture for today is from a mountain around the holy city and shows a ray of sunlight upon that glorious city.  That, says the psalmist, is the same way that God embraces us.  We are indeed secure in the Lord.  I think back to nights when I've been troubled in a dream or nightmare and I sought out the warmth of my bride, holding her made me feel more secure; imagine how much more we are when we realize that strongest, and greatest embrace is that of the Lord.  Nothing the wicked may throw or wish our way will destroy that embrace.  God will provide good to the good, so keep your heart good, and let your actions reflect a right relationship with God; you will be secure in God's embrace!

PRAYER:  Awesome Father, bless me to be good.  Help my faith journey be one of security, enough to trust and then to risk that courageous, outrageous acts that bless You and grow Your kingdom. Remind me always that I am secure in You; this I pray in Christ Jesus' strong name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!  Say a securing word to someone in need today, then back it up with an appropriate action of kindness!

Eradio Valverde