Thursday, December 19, 2019

The Good Shepherd Saves His People!

Image from theverseproject.com

Hear Here: http://bit.ly/2PZBoaH

1 Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel, you who lead Joseph like a flock! You who are enthroned upon the cherubim, shine forth 2 before Ephraim and Benjamin and Manasseh. Stir up your might, and come to save us! 3 Restore us, O God; let your face shine, that we may be saved. 4 O Lord God of hosts, how long will you be angry with your people's prayers? 5 You have fed them with the bread of tears, and given them tears to drink in full measure. 6 You make us the scorn of our neighbors; our enemies laugh among themselves. 7 Restore us, O God of hosts; let your face shine, that we may be saved. (Psalm 80:1-7 NRSV)

Hello Dear Friend! Isn't if nice to have a shepherd upon Whom we can call? I may have shared before the day came when I knew I was completely on my own. Before that, I had a dad I could call whenever I felt in trouble or in need of his help. My dad had been my shepherd even during the days when I was a straying lamb. I knew that help was only a phone call away. I chuckle as I remember as I left home for college, my Mom gave me a quarter in case I needed to call home. In those days the quarter would get me a dial tone and then I could call collect. My Dad gave me his Texaco card, that I was only to use in dire emergencies. I don't know how he could have stressed that more. The day Nellie and I had our first child I knew that I was now the dad, and soon I would get calls of need. It was a great feeling but a scary one as well.

Israel always had God as their shepherd, as do we. The prayer of the psalmist as he writes this is to ask for the shepherd to shine forth His light and to bring His salvation upon His people. Salvation. The word of life. The word that lifts us from death and into life. The message of the entire Bible is summed up in one word. The prayer was answered in what we will be celebrating in some days; Christmas - the brith of He born to save the world. The answer came in God's time; the "fullness of time." And it is ours for the asking.

Call on the Lord for whatever it is you need. God is our Shepherd and God answers when we call. Don't wander any further lost in the darkness, call on God and He will bless you!

PRAYER: Loving God, we thank You for Christmas and all that it means to us. May it mean life to us for all days. This we pray in Christ Jesus' name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord! Pray like you've never prayed before and ask what you need.

Receive my blessings of peace and love,

Pastor Eradio Valverde