Thursday, March 19, 2020

The Lord Leadth Me!

Image from alittleperspective.com

Hear Here: http://bit.ly/2QtcKjN

1 God, my shepherd! I don't need a thing. 2 You have bedded me down in lush meadows, you find me quiet pools to drink from. 3 True to your word, you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction. 4 Even when the way goes through Death Valley, I'm not afraid when you walk at my side. Your trusty shepherd's crook makes me feel secure 5 You serve me a six-course dinner right in front of my enemies. You revive my drooping head; my cup brims with blessing. 6 Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life. I'm back home in the house of God for the rest of my life. (Psalm 23 The Message)

Happy Thursday, my friend!

When you've had a rough day, who do you go to? If you've spent the morning hunting for toilet paper and can't find any, who comforts you? If the lines as the supermarket are long and the aisles are bare of the things you sought, who listens to you? We all will have different answers; when I was a boy, it was both my Mom and Dad. I could share almost anything with my Mom and she would understand. In my Dad I knew that I had security and protection. When I met my darling wife, Nellie, she assumed those responsibilities. For me, this psalm has been the product of the hand of the boy who knew, trusted, and loved God; David the Shepherd King of Israel. We read and studied yesterday, how David was chosen to be the second king of Israel by God. The main reason was that even as a boy, David had a heart for God and God knew that. David had discovered that fighting lions and bears, giants, Philistines, and Jebusites; God would hold him, listen to him and bless him. David's psalm is poetic in sharing the images of what all that means to him as he talks of lush meadows, quiet pools, rest, calm and peace in the paths that are dangerous, and even the meals shared with God are occasions of honor and blessing. David found new strength and new energy in going forward by spending time with God. So should we.

Our journey here may not always be the best, but we know we can look forward to a perfect, never-ending life in the presence and love of our Heavenly Father.

My prayer for you, dear friend, is that you would pause and hear again the words as you know them:

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters. He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

Lord, hear this as our prayer. Amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord! Lead someone to the Shepherd today!

Receive my peace and love,

Pastor Eradio Valverde

BONUS: The newest pimplesandwrinkles.org is available as we cover chapter 7 of Romans entitled, "It's Hard Being a Believer! https://soundcloud.com/evalverde