Thursday, December 17, 2020

Everybody Loves a Good Love Story!

Image from pulpitfiction.com

Hear today's devotional read here: http://bit.ly/2J2mIbu

1 Your love, God, is my song, and I'll sing it! I'm forever telling everyone how faithful you are. 2 I'll never quit telling the story of your love - how you built the cosmos and guaranteed everything in it. Your love has always been our lives' foundation, your fidelity has been the roof over our world. 3 You once said, "I joined forces with my chosen leader, I pledged my word to my servant, David, saying, 4 'Everyone descending from you is guaranteed life; I'll make your rule as solid and lasting as rock.'" 19 A long time ago you spoke in a vision, you spoke to your faithful beloved: "I've crowned a hero, I chose the best I could find; 20 I found David, my servant, poured holy oil on his head, 21 And I'll keep my hand steadily on him, yes, I'll stick with him through thick and thin. 22 No enemy will get the best of him, no scoundrel will do him in. 23 I'll weed out all who oppose him, I'll clean out all who hate him. 24 I'm with him for good and I'll love him forever; I've set him on high - he's riding high! 25 I've put Ocean in his one hand, River in the other; 26 he'll call out, 'Oh, my Father - my God, my Rock of Salvation!' (Psalm 89:1-4, 19026 The Message)

Happy Thursday ConCafe Family! Blessings of God's grace and peace upon you, dear Friend! I pray this be just one of many blessings you shall receive today in order to witness to others, the great love that God has for you! As we pray, I asks prayers for the dear wife of a dear pastor, Mrs. Trish Rowe, was admitted to the hospital with Covid19; both she and Steve had the illness, but a few days ago both were deemed well enough to stay home by EMTs, yesterday she was admitted into the hospital. Also, the Dad of Mrs. Julie Wiley is having some heart issues and needs our prayers. Also, my wife's last living aunt on her Dad's side, died yesterday in Reynosa, Tamaulipas, Mexico. Mrs. Obdulia Rosales de Elizondo is her name. And a friend of Mrs. Willa Keck, Liz, reported yesterday that she had received a "Christmas Miracle," in that her mother awoke from a coma after many days! "ALL I WANTED FOR CHRISTMAS WAS FOR MY MOM TO WAKE UP, AND GOD GRANTED US THAT CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!!!!" Praise the Lord for such wonderful news! They are now looking for a long-term care facility and so prayers for this transition, strength for the Mom and continued healing! Please pray for one another, and pray for your own needs because we pray because God answers prayer!

I loved hearing my Father's love story of when he met, wooed and married my Mom. She was the nurse caring for his grandmother; whom we later found out he was not overly close to, but when my Dad saw this nurse, well, grandma became worthy of daily visits; and while he seemed like an annoying family member, well, the rest is love history! And isn't your love story the same? As I get older, I share more and more with my daughters tidbits of Nellie and my epic love story; and my girls have gone from Ew, Dad, there are children present, to Hmm, I did not know that! And indeed, every love story in its own way is a great story and bears repeating, but this passage is about the true love believers come to have in God that moves them into more obedient and faithful roles as servants of the Most High God. In David's case, every story was a song, and this love song was worth writing and singing, and the excited lover of God moved him to tell anyone, and everyone who would listen about this great love he found in knowing and trusting God. This love story involved the creation, construction and continued edification of all creation; "the foundation" of all lives, and the fidelity of God serving as the protective roof over our world. And in this song we find the promises such as all who come to know God receive from God "guaranteed life," and God's soverignty is "as solid and lasting as rock." And the story switches to how God found, blessed, anointed and protected David even from enemies and scoundrels; and it's a love story that will never end; waters of life in each hand and the wonderful message that in God we have both Father and Rock of our Salvation.

Have you found this love yet? It's as close as a simple prayer. And once answered will provide you with more than enough with which to face life and the challenges of life. It will become the start of a friendship and relationship that will have no earthly end; and will bring blessings upon blessings for all things. It's a song that will have you singing and teaching others how to sing.

PRAYER: Father God, teach us this song. And may the blessing of knowing You and this song of love, lead us to teach others! In Christ Jesus we pray, amen!

Have a great and blesssed day in the Lord! Learn the love song of God; then teach it to someone else!

Receive my blessings of love, hope, and peace!

Pastor Eradio Valverde