Thursday, September 08, 2005

THE GIVER OF OUR STENGTH

Good day dear friends. As we pray we lift up those still awaiting rescue from their situation and for those being resettled in different areas. We pray for the reunion of loved ones separated during the hurricane. Pray also for those facing custody hearings today, that God's will be done in the best interest of the children.

We continue our study of triumphant living as Christ's disciples:

Here is our study guide for today:

Thursday: The Apostle Paul wrote in Philippians 4:10-13 some words for triumphant living. Read that passage and see how it can speak to you and your situation. Underline verse 13 and let that verse speak to you and where you know God wants you to be. A triumphant Christian is one with a positive attitude towards life’s challenges. Reread the verses again and take note of how God can bless you with an overcomer’s attitude to win over life’s challenges.

10 I rejoice in the Lord greatly that now at last you have revived your concern for me; indeed, you were concerned for me, but had no opportunity to show it. 11 Not that I am referring to being in need; for I have learned to be content with whatever I have. 12 I know what it is to have little, and I know what it is to have plenty. In any and all circumstances I have learned the secret of being well-fed and of going hungry, of having plenty and of being in need. 13 I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

A modern day "Paul" has to be Christian Brother Yun of China. I highly recommend his book, "The Heavenly Man." We take for granted so many of our liberties and freedoms as Christians. We cry when we get a "paper cut" for the sake of the Lord, and if you read this book you will see what some have to suffer for the sake of the Gospel. Paul's words to us in Philippians speak loudly about the importance of having our attitude inspired by our faith. "In the Lord" (v.10) says that as we walk in the Lord we "rejoice" and learning "to be content with whatever I have" also comes from being Christ's companion. Paul, like many of us, knew what it means to have little and plenty, being well-fed and hungry, of having plenty and being in need. And what a declaration to say trimphantly, "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me."

What are your challenges today? What seems more than you can bear? Let Paul's words be yours: YOU can DO ALL things through Christ who gives YOU strength!

PRAYER: Giver of all strength, share with me that which I need today. You know better than I that which I am facing, and at my weakest, You are strongest. Come and be glorified! I pray in Jesus' name. Amen

Have a great and blessed day!

e.v.