Thursday, January 26, 2006

A FATHER/MOTHER'S PRAYERS...

Good day dear friends.

As we pray this morning please lift up Mrs. Joy Moose of San Antonio. She just underwent bladder surgery and received a first round of chemo therapy during the surgery. Please pray for her healing.

We continue to study The Truth About Successful Families. At a
retreat I attended last week I heard Dr. Maxie Dunnam former
president of Asbury Seminary, say again what is true, "As goes the
seminary so goes the church; as goes the church so goes the
family." I just read a summation of a book called "Family and
Civilization" by Carl Zimmerman whose study of 3,000 years of family
structure says, "As goes the children, so goes the culture, as goes
the family, so goes society." Which brings us to an important
question, are you praying for your children? I believe there is
nothing more powerful and eternal than a parent showering his/her
children with prayer. I grew up in a home where prayer was
important. I was the first to leave for college and the looming
fear of the academic world and exams frightened me but I would time
my weekly call home to the night before exams. And as I would talk
with my mom and dad, usually dad had little to say, I would tell my
mom that I had an exam the next day and she would say I am praying
for you. Just hearing that may me know there was no way I could
fail. Yes, I studied and I was ready, but knowing that God's hand
was upon mine helped me calm my spirit and sooth my fears. Do your
children know the same feeling? Have you said to them, "I am
praying for you." Do they understand how prayer works and the
awesomeness of God behind our prayers?

A family that prays together, stays together, someone wrote. I
believe that. Life tosses too many storm clouds and rough seas
towards the home and we need the lifeline of prayer helping us
through. In the same way your children face sometimes greater
obstacles and temptations than we ever did, and it would bless them
to know that you are praying for them.

PRAYER: Loving God, cover my children with Your love and grace.
May the calm presence of Your Holy Spirit bless my children today.
May I know to say the words to them that I am praying, because I
believe in You and I trust You, for them. I pray this prayer in
Jesus' name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day!

e.v.