Wednesday, December 10, 2008

OUR DAY OF PRAYER

Loving God touch the heart of this dear reader; may all that is troubling them be in Your hands. In Jesus' Name, amen.

Sunday's sermon, like John the Baptist's sermon, touched a lot of hearts, because forgiveness is such an important part of life. If we don't grant forgiveness, Jesus says, we won't be forgiven. And if we don't ask for forgiveness we carry around the heavy burden of guilt and shame. So, today's prayer focus is on forgiveness. Our study guide calls for us to
...pray for the spirit of forgiveness to take hold even in the hearts of the most hardened folks who cannot and will not forgive. Hear our prayer, O Lord!

Here's a sample prayer: Loving God of all, today may Your Holy Spirit move first in me. May I know that I am forgiven by You for all the things that I have done. I can't begin to list them all, just lump them all in whatever category is appropriate. And as I feel the forgiveness that You grant me, may I show the forgiveness that others are expecting from me. I know I may still carry the hurt from hurtful remarks, or dumb comments on work performance evalutation, or actions show me during a family reunion; but let me let You carry those things to the deepest part of the sea as Your word says in Micah 7:19 ("He will again have compassion upon us; he will tread our iniquities under foot. You will cast all our F34 sins into the depths of the sea."). And I look forward to the fulfillment of Rev. 21:1 that says "Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and the sea was no more." Grant me the fullness of life as I cast aside and away the hurts, pains, memories and baggage of days past. Into Your hands I place myself for the joy that is mine in knowing You. I pray this in Jesus' Name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde