Thursday, April 23, 2009

ALL ABOUT JESUS!


Dear God, in the good and in the bad, You are always with us. Make that clear to this dear reader in all s/he may face. Amen.

Jesus' last words to His disciples according to Matthew were a charge, also called The Great Commission: "Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age." (Matt 28:19-20).

This is the primary job of us, the church; to make disciples. Yet, we seem to operate under the illusion of "If you build it, they will come." We place a church on a site, hand out flyers, maybe a newspaper ad, a sign of a truck, and cross our arms and say, "Well, I've done my part! Y'all come!" The reality is that in the way Jesus made disciples, we should to. Jesus invited. Jesus interacted in a positive way with His message from God. So should we. We should be so "about Jesus" that folks won't be able to help asking, "What's different about you?" Our answer should be a simple, but powerful one: I'm all about Jesus!

Today, as you interact and visit with family, friends, coworkers, neighbors, be all about Jesus. Let your thoughts and actions glorify Him. And use your words also to share a strong witness of Whose you are!

PRAYER: Dear God, let me today be all about You. Guide my words, my hands, my feet, to the place You would have me be, where I can make a difference, and with Your help, make a disciple. I pray this in the Name of He who I should be all about, Jesus Christ. Amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde

-------------PRAYER REQUESTS: Please pray for Rev. Wade Hood and his heart cath today. Please pray for our niece, Ximena Lopez and her need.