Monday, May 13, 2013

Caught Up in Spring and in Singing

God is Awesome!

We just have to look around...

Psalm 104:24 O Lord, how manifold are your works! In wisdom you have made them all; the earth is full of your creatures. 25 Yonder is the sea, great and wide, creeping things innumerable are there, living things both small and great. 26 There go the ships, and Leviathan that you formed to sport in it. 27 These all look to you to give them their food in due season; 28 when you give to them, they gather it up; when you open your hand, they are filled with good things. 29 When you hide your face, they are dismayed; when you take away their breath, they die and return to their dust.30 When you send forth your spirit, they are created; and you renew the face of the ground. 31May the glory of the Lord endure forever; may the Lord rejoice in his works— 32 who looks on the earth and it trembles, who touches the mountains and they smoke. 33 I will sing to the Lord as long as I live; I will sing praise to my God while I have being. 34 May my meditation be pleasing to him, for I rejoice in the Lord. 35b Bless the Lord, O my soul. Praise the Lord!

The above psalm is a hymn. It could be a hymn of spring. It is a hymn of praise to God for God's wonderful creation. The picture is from our backyard from a lemon tree that we bought and water and pray that will produce fruit. As a symbol of things to come, this little tree produced a pretty big lemon right away. There are tiny lemons showing, but this one is there as if to say, "It'll work!"

God works in creation and God works in us. Creation knows to just let God; we're the ones who get caught up trying too hard. Creation knows that when God is ready, God's Spirit creates and renews all things. If you know the Emmaus Retreat prayer, you know it has that line in it, which is my favorite line of that prayer. What does God need to create in you? What does God have to renew in you? Ask. Wait. Trust. But in the meantime, join the singing and the praising that God deserves and receives from all creatures.

PRAYER: Loving God, create and renew in me that which You know I need. Let my voice join those voices already thanking and praising You for all things. In Jesus' precious name I pray, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde