Thursday, April 24, 2014

I'm Happy From the Inside Out and From the Outside In!

You can't get happier than my granddaughter, Eliana Beth Garcia!

Resurrection Life!

From the Psalmist, Psalm 16: 1 Keep me safe, O God, I've run for dear life to you. 2 I say to God, "Be my Lord!" Without you, nothing makes sense. 3 And these God-chosen lives all around - what splendid friends they make!4 Don't just go shopping for a god. Gods are not for sale. I swear I'll never treat god-names like brand-names. 5 My choice is you, God, first and only. And now I find I'm your choice! 6 You set me up with a house and yard. And then you made me your heir! 7 The wise counsel God gives when I'm awake is confirmed by my sleeping heart. 8 Day and night I'll stick with God; I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go. 9 I'm happy from the inside out, and from the outside in, I'm firmly formed. 10 You canceled my ticket to hell - that's not my destination! 11 Now you've got my feet on the life path, all radiant from the shining of your face. Ever since you took my hand, I'm on the right way.

I saw an ad that showed two African kids in burlap bags having a race. Their faces said, "We're the happiest kids on earth!" The ad said, "These kids have no iPhone, no iPads and look how happy they are!" I remembered that people of my generation and older were quite content with our lives with what we had. I remember the day we finally bought a television and how much later we got a telephone. Face time was what my friend and I enjoyed while running from our houses to the nearby creek. We would tell tall tales and our versions of jokes. Tweeting was what we heard when we went bird hunting. Texting was when I had a newspaper route. Happy was what life was all about especially when I went to Sunday school and to church.

God is our safe place. We can run to God and know that our life is safe, the psalmist is saying. He and we know from experience. As is written there when we think we have chosen God we discover that God has chosen us! And all that we have has come from God; with greater things coming as heirs of God. If we walk with God and listen to Him during the day, at night our peaceful sleep is evidence that we've been in "wise counsel." My choice the psalmist said, is to stick with God; this is a good thing we have and I'm not giving it up. And the verse from the title, verse 9, "I'm happy from the inside out, and from the outside in, I'm firmly formed." Our eternity is secure in what Jesus paid for us; we're on the right path if we follow God.

The radiant light of Christ shines on those who seek Him. Let the bright light shining on you come from God and not from the glare of a smart phone or tablet (Yes, you can read the Bible from those, but you know what I mean!). Life is in 3D; life with God is in HD. Don't miss a minute of it!

PRAYER: Grant me the joy of the psalmist. Let me be truly happy in You and You alone. Grant me to be a blessing in the way that You have blessed me. This I pray in Christ Jesus, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde