Friday, May 06, 2016

Thank God for Virtuous Women

Image from fbcoverlover.com

Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies. (Proverbs 31:10)

This week's devotionals had quotes from my mother, María del Jesús Jimenez de Valverde.  She went home to the Lord about thirteen years ago, and I think about her daily and miss her a lot. I also miss my mother-in-law, María Luisa Zamora de Rosales, who also died way before her time, and who defied the joke-standard definition of mothers-in-law; she was the real deal, a mom to me in love and care.  I miss her and think of her daily as well.  And I thank God everyday for my wife, the mother of our children, Nellie Valverde, who has walked beside me lovingly for these almost 40 years.  She's a model wife and a loving and caring mother and grandmother.  Nellie M. Valverde Garcia, Saraí Valverde Cortez, Carli I. Valverde, and Caitlin D. Valverde have also blessed my life in wonderful, loving ways.  It's scary they each have my sense of humor, but are awesome women in their lives.  And, I thank God for Saraí Evangelina Cortez, Eliana Beth Garcia, and Adabelle Grace Garcia; precious little ones who have blessed my life with their smiles, words, and deeds.

So, to the moms out there, Happy Mother's Day!  And to those who have children under your loving care, a Happy Mother's Day, too!  Nothing beats a great, wonderful aunt, or a loving caring older friend to young women who need your counsel and wisdom.

May the Lord bless you and keep you this weekend as you remember your own moms, and as others gather around you to love you and thank you for being their mom.

PRAYER:  Loving God, for mothers and those who are real mothers to many, thank You!  May Your blessing be with all women; lift them who are down, make well those who are ill, and comfort those who are hurting and missing special ones in their lives.  This I pray in Christ Jesus' precious name, amen.

Happy Mother's Day and a wonderful weekend to match.

Eradio

Prayers asked for General Conference which begins this coming week in Portland, OR; a meeting of United Methodists from around the world.  There is much to consider and pray over.  We pray God's will be done.