Tuesday, May 31, 2016

There's Been a Change Come Over Me!

Image from angusday.org

For I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel that was proclaimed by me is not of human origin; for I did not receive it from a human source, nor was I taught it, but I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ. You have heard, no doubt, of my earlier life in Judaism. I was violently persecuting the church of God and was trying to destroy it. I advanced in Judaism beyond many among my people of the same age, for I was far more zealous for the traditions of my ancestors. But when God, who had set me apart before I was born and called me through his grace, was pleased to reveal his Son to me, so that I might proclaim him among the Gentiles, I did not confer with any human being, nor did I go up to Jerusalem to those who were already apostles before me, but I went away at once into Arabia, and afterwards I returned to Damascus. Then after three years I did go up to Jerusalem to visit Cephas and stayed with him for fifteen days; but I did not see any other apostle except James the Lord’s brother. In what I am writing to you, before God, I do not lie! Then I went into the regions of Syria and Cilicia, and I was still unknown by sight to the churches of Judea that are in Christ; they only heard it said, ‘The one who formerly was persecuting us is now proclaiming the faith he once tried to destroy.’ And they glorified God because of me. (Galatians 1:11-24)

The high point of any minister's career has to be when a person comes up and shares how the Lord has changed his or her life.  The best evidence is the joy and peace that one can experience around that person; the old person has passed away, and a new one has taken his/her place.  That is the power of the gospel as this passage shows.  Paul shares how it was the supernaturally received gospel that change his entire life.  He went from being a fast-advancing, well-connected profession intent on destruction, to one who used the same energy and commitment to now advance the Good News of Jesus Christ.  

The gospel is a force that invites all who receive the good news about Jesus to do something about it; one cannot receive a life-change and tell no one.  One cannot receive the fullness of life only to keep it bottled up without sharing it with those who are empty and thirsty.  When the wind blows in and changes your appearance, you go with that look to tell others just how you came to look that way.  The God who can take the shy and make them public speakers and preachers can do the same for you.  The God who can open doors for one to receive an education will open the same doors for you.  There is no excuse to stay where you are when you know the Lord is calling you further down the road.

PRAYER:  Lord, for the changes that have come into my life, let me share them with those content where they are.  For the new vision you have shared with me, let me share it with the blind.  For the new love that You have place in my heart, let me share with the cold.  And for the dead in spirit, let me share how You brought me to new life.  This I pray in Christ Jesus' precious and powerful name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!  (Uh, get up and do something!)

Eradio Valverde