Thursday, January 11, 2018

You're Fearfully and Wonderfully Made!

Image from pktfuel.com

God, investigate my life; get all the facts firsthand.  I'm an open book to you; even from a distance, you know what I'm thinking.  You know when I leave and when I get back; I'm never out of your sight.  You know everything I'm going to say before I start the first sentence.  I look behind me and you're there, then up ahead and you're there, too - your reassuring presence, coming and going.  This is too much, too wonderful - I can't take it all in! Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; you formed me in my mother's womb. I thank you, High God - you're breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration - what a creation!  You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something.  Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before you, The days of my life all prepared before I'd even lived one day.  Your thoughts - how rare, how beautiful! God, I'll never comprehend them!  I couldn't even begin to count them - any more than I could count the sand of the sea. Oh, let me rise in the morning and live always with you! (Psalm 139:16, 13-18 The Message Version)

Our family doctor in a previous setting, was an internal doctor who specialized in cardiac medicine.  That meant our first visits with him involved stress tests while he performed a sonogram on our hearts.  The doctor's faith was strong; he had been blessed by the challenges of previous pastors who urged him to read the Bible more and to pray more, and he did.  I will never forget the first visit with him.  He had me laying down on a table while pedaling on a bicycle type stress machine.  He then began the sonogram.  He had a screen where we all could see it, and it was amazing to see my own heart in action.  The doctor teared up and asked, "How can anyone say there is no God when you see how wonderfully made we are?"  Indeed.  I was choked up just seeing my heart.  

David never saw his heart beat live on a sonogram screen, yet he knew.  You may have never seen your heart beat either, but you know. God has done an amazing thing in making you.  You can exclaim what the psalmist said that God formed us while in the womb and that we are, indeed, fearfully and wonderfully made. This version has it, "Body and soul, I am marvelously made!"  And that lead us to praise of the One who made us.  It should lead us also to sharing and service.  And may our thoughts be like God's.  And may we live each day in the knowledge that we are in the presence of God.

PRAYER:  Loving God, we thank You for the way You have formed us and made us.  May we be led to praise You and serve You.  May my thoughts be Your thoughts today and all days.  This I pray in Christ Jesus' precious and powerful name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!  Let your heart be seen today by the acts of love you will do!

Eradio Valverde

Prayer Requests and Updates:  Dear one, please be in prayer for the Warren family.  My brother-in-law Rev. John Warren's brother-in-law whom he has known since John was 7 died unexpectedly yesterday.  The family is, as you can imagine, in shock and taking the death very hard.  Pray for their comfort.  My apologies for the computer changing Rosannah Green's name to Johanna.  We visited Rosannah yesterday and she looks good and Lord willing, should be home tomorrow.  We thank God for the progress Martha Jo Whitt is making who expects to be home today from the Seguin Hospital.  We also visited Pal Lester and he is coming along well as well.  Thank you for your prayers!  May the Lord bless you and keep you!