Thursday, February 13, 2020

Follow

Image from dustoffthebible.com

1 You're blessed when you stay on course, walking steadily on the road revealed by God. 2 You're blessed when you follow his directions, doing your best to find him. 3 That's right - you don't go off on your own; you walk straight along the road he set. 4 You, God, prescribed the right way to live; now you expect us to live it. 5 Oh, that my steps might be steady, keeping to the course you set; 6 Then I'd never have any regrets in comparing my life with your counsel. 7 I thank you for speaking straight from your heart; I learn the pattern of your righteous ways. 8 I'm going to do what you tell me to do; don't ever walk off and leave me. (Psalm 119:1-8 The Message)

Life is a journey. Life has more than one path anyone can choose for themselves. But a loving Savior said, "I am the way, the truth and the life," and lived, taught, preached, and demonstrated the narrow path until He paid for us with His life. His way, His path is the better way. Too many may neon-light other options, but in truth only one gets the job done. What makes it more inviting is that He says to us, "Come and follow me." Once we do we discover the many blessings that are ours for simply following Him and His way.

Dear friend, you want blessings in your life? Re-read verse 1 and what does it say? If you stay on course, you're blessed because you're walking hand in hand with God. How else are you blessed? By following God's directions. One travels best on God's highway, when we let God guide us. Then we can join the psalmist as we say, "God, you prescribed the right way to live' now you expect us to live it. Steady our steps Lord that they may adhere to the path. A life well-lived has little to no regrets, for God has spoken, we have listened and we're on the path that leads to life.

PRAYER: Lord, continue to guide our paths so that we may follow You. Grant us strenght and courage to be faithful; in Christ Jesus we pray, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord! Help someone on the path today!

Receive my love and peace,

Pastor Eradio Valverde