Thursday, December 21, 2023

A Song of Steadfast Love

Image from facebook.com

View the devotional: https://bit.ly/47aqOTZ

Hear the devotional: https://bit.ly/3vaEDo5

1 Your love, God, is my song, and I'll sing it! I'm forever telling everyone how faithful you are. 2 I'll never quit telling the story of your love - how you built the cosmos and guaranteed everything in it. Your love has always been our lives' foundation, your fidelity has been the roof over our world. 3 You once said, "I joined forces with my chosen leader, I pledged my word to my servant, David, saying, 4 'Everyone descending from you is guaranteed life; I'll make your rule as solid and lasting as rock.'" 19 A long time ago you spoke in a vision, you spoke to your faithful beloved: "I've crowned a hero, I chose the best I could find; 20 I found David, my servant, poured holy oil on his head, 21 And I'll keep my hand steadily on him, yes, I'll stick with him through thick and thin. 22 No enemy will get the best of him, no scoundrel will do him in. 23 I'll weed out all who oppose him, I'll clean out all who hate him. 24 I'm with him for good and I'll love him forever; I've set him on high - he's riding high! 25 I've put Ocean in his one hand, River in the other; 26 he'll call out, 'Oh, my Father - my God, my Rock of Salvation!' (Psalm 89:1-4, 19-26 The Message Bible)

A blessed and tremendous Thursday be yours dear Friend, is my prayer. I pray you are ready or almost ready for the Christmas weekend. If you're traveling, please stay alert, awake and alive! Be patient and compassionate; set the example for other drivers. If your family is coming, pray that the time spent together be a time of holy time with the table being sacred as you welcome the Lord to feast with you. Pray for one another. Pray for those who need our prayers; pray for the world to find peace and the joy of the Lord,

https://bit.ly/3RA7cmt It was many years ago, even in the days before our phones could record anything and everything in several formats, including high quality videos with premium sound, my firstborn daughter, Nellie Maria invited me to join her and a friend to sing the above song (link above) as performed by Delirious?. Nellie had lived in London and worshipped in the church where Delirious? was the worship band and she thought the three of us could make a joyful noise. Her friend was the guitarist and somehow, I got the courage to stand with these two youngsters and we sang that song. In real life, without a good voice, I really could sing, as the psalmist said, of God's love, for God's faithful is eternal. God's love echoes through generations and remains unwavering even in the face of darkness. As we examine this psalm we will find that its message is still relevant for our lives even today.

May I, and you, if you so wish, have the confidence of the psalmist when he makes this resounding declaration: "I'll sing about your steadfast love, LORD, forever. With my mouth I'll make your faithfulness known, through all generations." This is a powerful statement of faith, a commitment to sing of God's love not just in the present but as a legacy that will resonate for centuries to come.

The psalmist then reminds us of God's covenant with David, a promise of an eternal dynasty and unwavering protection. "I made a covenant with my chosen one, I swore to David my servant: I will establish your line forever, and your throne as long as the heavens endure." This covenant reminds us that God's love isn't fleeting or fickle; it's a binding promise, a rock of stability in our ever-changing world.

The passage then shifts from the image of a powerful king to a gentle shepherd: "I have bestowed strength on a warrior; I have raised up a young man from among the people. I have found David my servant; with my sacred oil I have anointed him. My hand will sustain him; surely my arm will strengthen him." This shift reminds us that God's love manifests in diverse ways. He is both a mighty warrior protecting us and a loving shepherd guiding us through life's pastures.

Even in the face of challenges, the psalmist proclaims, "The enemy will not get the better of him; the wicked will not oppress him. I will strike down his foes before him, and defeat those who hate him." This speaks of God's unwavering presence in our lives. He may not shield us from all hardship, but He promises to be with us, fight for us, and ultimately bring victory.

PRAYER: Awesome God, thank you for your steadfast love that echoes through generations. We praise you for your covenant of faithfulness and your promise of protection. Fill our hearts with the joy of your presence and strengthen us to be faithful witnesses of your love in this world. May we sing your praises, not just for a season, but for generations to come, so that all may know the unwavering love of the One who is our Shepherd, our Warrior, and our King. For it's in the name of Jesus Christ that we pray, Amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord! YOUR CALL TO ACTION: Go forth today with the melody of God's love ringing in your heart, sharing its beauty and strength with all you encounter.

Receive my love and thankfulness to God. I love you and thank God for you!

Pastor Eradio Valverde, Jr.