Tuesday, September 12, 2006

GOD IS GOOD II

Good day dear friends. This comes at the end of a long day. I apologize for this coming so late, but I found myself at a jurisdictional meeting at a hotel that doesn't believe in free internet for their guests. It once was a prime hotel, it still has a prime name, but that was in ages past. It sits across the street from Six Flags in Arlington, and their price of choice for everything is $12.95. That was the price for internet access and for the breakfast buffet. We asked for menus and one waffle cost $10.95 and an omelette cost $11.95. So, the chair of the conference board of ordained ministry and I ordered the buffet. The waffle is the kind you get as part of your stay with other hotels/motels, but the omelette was great.

This comes within twelve hours of hearing very sad news of ministries closing. I can't share details other than to say two dear friends find themselves having to close doors to worship opportunities in these settings. It comes within those same hours of a dear church family excited about a possibility for employment that did not come to pass. It also comes within the same hours of a dear friend having to make a difficult decision for himself and his family about his calling.

God is good. I affirm that. God is good all the time while we either hoard or waste money and opportunities that would have benefitted God's kingdom. How we choose to spend our money and our time is our choice. I shared that yesterday, but if we are to glorify God we should seek to live according to God's commandments. God is good.

I'm not intending to write a devotional as I am a call to prayer. Let us join our hearts in trusting God for those mentioned above as well as other challenges that pastors and churches are facing. May God speak to us about how we can join together not only in prayer but in actions that build up God's presence among us.

PRAYER: Loving God I thank you for Your presence in my life. You are good. I affirm that. I lift up those mentioned by need. For reasons You know Lord I cannot mention names, but it is so comforting to know that You know and love them and You are at work in their lives. I pray for the brightness of clarity shine through so that these your children will know what to do. I praise You in Jesus' name. Amen.

Have a great and blessed day!

e.v.