Friday, September 08, 2006

OUR DAY OF PRAYER

Good day Lord Jesus. I thank you for this day. I know not what awaits me, but I know that as I awoke, You were there and You will be with me all throughout the day. Even when I conk out tonight, You will be He who watches while I "slumber and sleep." Lord, today is a day that I dedictate in prayer to you. I pray for those words of comfort and hope that I may share with those in my realm. May I speak an encouraging word to my child who may have not done his or her best in yesterday's game. May I speak a word of thankfulness to You for Your being with them during all sporting events. Lord, it may be that I might need to speak a word of hope to my child who didn't do so well in today's exam. Or perhaps whose "best friend" today decided she did not want to be best friends or even friends anymore. Keep me alert, dear God to those who might be in pain and discomfort and give me courage and wisdom to speak a word of gentle peace to them. I place those in Your loving hands as I place my family and myself. Guide and bless me this day. Let me be your person in all things. I pray in Christ Jesus' name, amen.

Friday: This is our day of prayer.. Pray for words that comfort and bring hope to those who might be in pain or agony about their situation. Strive to be a person of positive hope in God not only today but all days.

Have a great and blessed day!

e.v.