Friday, November 10, 2006

OUR DAY OF PRAYER

Good day dear friends. Here is our prayer guide for today: Friday: For our day of prayer let us pray again for our relationship with God and God’s church. Pray for those things mentioned during the entire week. Pray about what you will pledge this coming year!

Here is a sample prayer based on the Psalm:

Loving God, what a special relationship You have with me. You can search every part of me unlike any other, even myself and you truly know me. You know even when I sit down and when I get up from sitting. You can even read my mind. You know when I go out and just when I lay down; you know all about me! Even before I can form a word in my mouth you already know it, O God. You cover me with Your protection on all sides; Your loving hand is upon me so I can feel that I am not alone. This is just too wonderful for me, even at times, beyond my limited comprehension.

Is there somewhere I could go to hide from Your Spirit? Where could I possibly run that I would not be in Your presence? If there was a way I could fly up to the heavesn, you would be there; if I could lay down in the deepest part of the ocean, you would be there too.
If I could rise up on the wings of the dawn, or if I could settle on the far side of the sea, even there your loving hand would still guide me, your right hand would hold me tight, like a loving parent before crossing a busy and dangerous street. Even if I would say "I can hide in the dark, the night will hide me, you can see in the dark; in fact, it's like seeing the brightness of noonday sun for you. It was you, loving God, who created me, even the inner most parts I cannot see. I am the wonderful product of a finely crafted work, as if my grandmother had knitted me, even in the womb of my mother, your creative hand was there. So what can I do? I can praise you because I am made through a cautious and loving, expert hand. I know all your works to be wonderful and I know that fully well. Even my bone structure was known to you when I was being made. When I was being put together in an unexplainable way, you could see the end result of this my body. You knew what lay ahead for me, what choices I would make.

How wonderful it is to me to know your thoughts through your written word, O God! How awesome it is to read them! If I could even begin to count them they would outnumber the grains of sand on the ocean. When I am awake, I am with you. Protect me even when I dream about those who seek to harm or hurt me. Drive them away from my thoughts, dreams, and actions! Even those who do not know you or who do know and dislike you, keep them from the negative feelings of my heart. Search me, loving God, and examine my heart; try me and know what makes me anxious. If there is evil intent in my heart, lead me away from that which can kill, steal, and destroy, and lead me to life everlasting. I pray this in Jesus' name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day!

e.v.