Tuesday, December 19, 2006

STAYING CONNECTED


Good day dear friends.
We had a special time together during our "Grief and the Holidays" luncheon yesterday. I shared the first part of 1 Corinthians and I reminded them of the probable sadness in Heaven before that first Christmas. God had the plan for salvation and God asked Jesus to come to the earth, so there had to be a goodbye time between God and His Son. The Bible does not mention this and I could be way off, but bear with me! God surely said, "I will always be with you," to Jesus; and Jesus must have said, "We will be together again soon." Both knew they would stay connected through prayer.
Human connectedness is trying to get better every day. We have the technology to reach every corner of the world. One good example of how connected we are happened this Friday night when we pulled into our daughter's driveway and unpacked our things. We couldn't find one important bag that had my meds and Nellie's makeup. Both are sure fire disasters-in-the-making! My first thought was simply, I'll do the wedding and leave immediately home because I can't be without my meds. My daughters all said, no, call HEB and they'll know what to do. Next morning I called the pharmacy at little HEB and asked if they sent medicines or could call the local HEB and the girl said, just go by the local pharmacy and they'll know what you need electronically. Great. And long story short, they found my records, sold me another month's supply of two of the three meds ($5 for 30 pills versus $7 for 2) and I was able to stay until Sunday.
Of course, human connectedness is not what it should be nor can it compare to prayer. Christmas is all about being connected to God. We can't forget that. The hustle and bustle of this season can take our thoughts and priorities elsewhere, but God still awaits our call.
PRAYER: Loving God, help me stay connected to you today and all days. In Jesus' name, amen.
Have a great and blessed day!
e.v.