Wednesday, May 05, 2010

HAPPY CINCO BYE BYE OH!


Spirit of the living God, fall afresh on the needs of this dear reader; in Christ Jesus I pray, amen.

Our text for today is Matthew 5:5: "Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

Happy and full is the life of the one who can control their anger, their instincts, passions; who can surrender to the will of God and be driven by God to do good among others. This is what I believe this beatitude is saying. I should add that anger is sometimes needed and good, especially among the ills and injustices done in the world. The key word in this passage is the word meek. The true word in Greek is praus, which is a middle ground between passiveness and over reaction. Jesus knew that sometimes we have to control our anger and other times we cannot just sit there and say nothing. The best way to know is to stay connected and open to the leading of God, and we'll know.

What in your life needs to be faced with true meekness? Your way in the world will be much better if you allow God to guide you there.

PRAYER: Loving God, share with me that which I need so that I might be truly Yours. Help me to understand meekness in my life in all that I face. I ask this in Christ Jesus' precious and powerful name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord.

Eradio Valverde

PS. Our dear sister in Christ, Helen Hicks, died yesterday. A funeral service will be held for her this Friday at 3 p.m. in our church. A private committal service will precede this celebation. A reception will be held immediately afterward. Please keep the Hicks family in your prayers.

And yes, Happy Cinco de Mayo! Our granddaughter was excited when she said yesterday that her little church preschool in Austin was going to celebrate, "Cinco Buhbye-oh!"