Thursday, March 31, 2022

God Can Restore Us Again and Again!

Image from youtube.com

Hear the Devotional here: https://bit.ly/35oVN4G

1 It seemed like a dream, too good to be true, when God returned Zion's exiles. 2 We laughed, we sang, we couldn't believe our good fortune. We were the talk of the nations - "God was wonderful to them!" 3 God was wonderful to us; we are one happy people. 4 And now, God, do it again - bring rains to our drought-stricken lives 5 So those who planted their crops in despair will shout hurrahs at the harvest, 6 So those who went off with heavy hearts will come home laughing, with armloads of blessing. (Psalm 126 The Message Bible)

Happy and blessed Thursday to you all, ConCafe Family! May the joy of the Lord strengthen your walk today and all days, dear Reader. Please keep Rev. Roberto Gomez in your prayers as he awaits his open-heart surgery which may happen either in April or May. May God grant him healing through this procedure and peace between now and then. Prayers of comfort for the family of Mrs. Joan Meyers, wife of SA realtor, Scott Meyers. She died early Wednesday of a long battle with cancer. May God's peace and comfort be with all who loved her. Prayers for Mr. Kenny Poe, in-laws to Dr. Commie Hisey. Pray for peace in the Ukraine and peace in the hearts of all who need it. Pray for one another, pray for your needs, and pray for all whom you carry in your heart as needing blessings from the Lord.

I left home for college when I was 18. I was the oldest of five, and my siblings reported that my Mom took it the hardest. She would cry that "They took him away!" They first asked, "Who, Mom?" "College! They took him away!" I would go through that very ritual, without the required lament of someone taking my girls away; I knew where they were, but I still missed them. When I went to seminary in Denver it seemed like another country where I ended up. Denver in 1975 was nothing like it is now. The presence of Hispanics was minimal and no decent Mexican restaurant could be found within the state lines of Colorado. That's all changed now, thank God (Or should I say, "Gracias a Dios?"). But that was the year of my parents' 25th Wedding Anniversary. Plans were put into motion for a celebration in the month of October and my Dad surprised me by sending me a very expensive plane ticket with strict warning not to tell my Mom or grandmother that I was returning. And I flew home and surprised both my Mom and Momo the night of the celebration. It was a joyous occasion. I was "Zion's exile" brought home, and as the psalmist wrote, "It seemed like a dream, too good to be true." We did laugh and we had a great time and I could not believe my good fortune, and the "nation" that knew us could and did say that "God was wonderful to them!" And God has been wonderful in your life, too. You can best share in your mind that which God blessed you with that seemed too good to be true, a real dream come true. The icing on the cake is that God can do it again.

The theme for this week is the never-ending awesome power of God to make new, to restore, to receive and to send; all in keeping with the coming drama of Christ's Passion for us. Though it seems like our spirits are dusty dry from drought, God will bring the needed rain to make new our souls. Though it may seem that we sowed our crops in despair, the harvest will be a celebration of new life! And those who have left with heavy hearts will return with laughing and armloads of blessings. This is all for those who ask and believe; God will restore us again and again.

PRAYER: Loving Father, bring Thy restoration to our hearts, minds, bodies, and spirits. Make new in us that which has grown old and stale. Bring laughter and joy where sorrow and mourning has taken root; make the harvest of hope be ours again; this we pray in Christ Jesus' strong name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord! Show people the smiles God has shared with you.

Receive my blessings of peace and comfort,

Pastor Eradio Valverde, Jr.