Thursday, August 17, 2006

GOD IS WITH US

Good day dear friends.

Here is our study guide for today:

Thursday: We mentioned on Sunday a reference to John 8:29. Please find that passage and read it again. What does it say to your heart about this Man who gave His all for His Father?

Here is the passage from John 8:29 "The one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what pleases him."

Jesus was a Daddy's boy. We don't know much about His childhood, but I'm sure Mary kept Jesus informed about Who He was and what He had been sent to do. The one reference in Luke says that one time Jesus was "lost" to His parents, but when asked where He had been replied, "Why were you searching for me?" he asked. "Didn't you know I had to be in my Father's house?"

That connection between Jesus and His Father allowed Him to affirm His faithfulness to His mission. God is with me. I am never alone because I do God's will and that pleases God.

Those who give their hearts to God receive the blessing of God being with them and as they seek to know God's will receive the blessing of never feeling alone and knowing that God is being pleased.

Let this day serve as a day when we seek God and His will for our lives. Let us live our lives in ways that please God.

PRAYER: Come into my heart, Lord God. Speak to me that which pleases You. Give me strength to follow Your will. I pray in Jesus' name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day!

e.v.