Friday, January 05, 2007

THE THREE FACES OF CONNIE


An interesting story shared by a dear friend:
Three postcards were found in a book at the Northern Michigan University library. Each card was from the same person, but addressed to three different people.
(TO HER PARENTS)Dear Mom and Dad, Thanks for sending me on vacation. We've toured a lot of interesting places. The historical society was really fascinating and I learned quite a bit about Marquette, Michigan, in its mining days. We've even tried some of the local food since we've been here.Love, Connie.
(TO A FRIEND)Dear Sue, Hi! I finally woke up and felt awake after one week of totally intense partying! I figured it was a good time to write before we start again. The guys up here are sensational! I went out with a different one each night. Well, take care, and don't party too much!See ya, Connie.
(TO HER BOYFRIEND)Dear Jim, Boy, I sure do miss you! I wish you could be here so we could share the fall scenery together. I haven't been doing too much here, just visiting and touring around quite a bit. I can't wait to see you!Love and Kisses, Connie.
By Carol Kent, "Detours, Tow Trucks and Angels in Disguise," a 1996 NavPress book and from Dr. Richard Evans' "God's Children."
You and I have probably played that game. Sadly, with God the most, as if God couldn't figure it out even before we said or thought like this "Connie." As Parent, we sometimes think God is too involved and shouldn't be, so we put on a "front" for Him. As Friend, we put on another front. As our intimate Friend, the same thing. God wants us to love Him and to present ourselves just as we are, knowing we need God to help us be the people He meant for us to be.
This new New Year marks the time of new "starts" for so many, and some may still actually still be on diets, running programs, etc., etc. But the best start should be that of knowing God is here for us and we should be here for God.
PRAYER: Dear God, thank you for loving us even as we are, but thank you more for helping us be the people You meant for us to be. Help me today and all days. In Jesus' name, amen.
Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!
e.v.