Thursday, October 11, 2007

A LIFE LIVED IN LOVE

Good day dear friends.
Here is today's study guide:
Thursday: Jeremiah 46, 47, 48, 49What consistent elements, if any, do you find in these judgments upon the several Gentile nations?
The consistent element in God's message to all the Gentile ("godless" in this version) was the same: You're being judged for your transgressions against others. You've preyed on the weak and helpless and you do it for your own personal, selfish gain.
God is the God of all nations and people. God's message is the same today as it was yesterday: Love others as you love yourself. And this means treat them in that way, a way of love. Sadly, when it comes to nations and power, they tend to exercise that against others for greed and gain.
How do you treat others? How do you treat those members of your family? Are you known as a loving person? Or are you agressive and prideful and selfish? God's call for us all it to live a life of love.
PRAYER: Loving God, forgive me for my sins. Forgive me those times that I've trespassed against others. Help me this day live a life of love. I ask this in Jesus' name, amen.
Have a great and blessed day!
e.v.