Monday, October 08, 2007

YOUR CALL FROM GOD


Good day dear friends.
I'm sorry I was not able to send ConCafes for this weekend. While at the Leadership Institute I did not have internet access at the hotel where we stayed. But that's another story. To continue to read your scriptures online, please visit bibleresources.bible.com, type in the requested scriptures, then the version you prefer (The one I use to these devotionals is The Message). The scriptures for Friday thru Sunday were Jeremiah 50, 51, 52; Lamentations 1, 2, 3, 4, 5.
Here is today's study guide:
Monday: Ezekiel 1, 2, 3Compare Ezekiel’s call in Ekekiel 1-3 with those of (Isaiah 6) and Jeremiah (Jeremiah 1
Ezekiel experienced a call a bit different from Jeremiah, but still a call. Ezekiel had a vision of a creature with four heads, wheels, domes, and other remarkable and extraordinary things. But he summed it up as being the Glory of God. For our understanding, Ezekiel is saying that he had seen Heaven on earth or the purity and sacredness of God was so awesome, there is no other way to explain it. This also shows up when Jesus is transfigured in front of three of his disciples in Matthew 17.
Ezekiel is a 30 yr. old priest already in the service of God, but God calls him to be a prophet. He tells him up front that Israel has become the most rebellious people God has ever seen. God also says that they might not listen to him, but his job is still to proclaim the message of God in spite of what the people do.
You and I were called at our baptism, to do something for God. It was our entrance into the Body of Christ and to be a part of the Body means we have been given a special role and responsibility to do something for God. Yesterday in my sermon I mentioned that it might just be a word of encouragement to a co-worker, or a loving invitation to them to come with you to worship. That small simple act might be a life-saving, life-changing event in the life of your friend or loved one.
PRAYER: Lord, help me to accept Your call today. Open my eyes and mouth to help me share what You would. May I seek to be obedience in all ways. I pray this in Jesus' Name, amen.
Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!
e.v.