Wednesday, August 20, 2008

MIDWEEK PRAYER


Good day dear friends.

I thank God for safe travel as I returned home from Nashville, where we had a great training session for board of ordained ministry chairs and registrars.

Today is our midweek day of prayer and here is the study guide's recommendation for us: Our midweek day of prayer. Pray that any negativity in your might go into God’s hands and instead you would receive a positive spirit for life, for family, for work, for church, etc.

PRAYER: Loving God of all life, joy, and hope, fill my heart with those. As I pray I pray that all and anything negative in me might find a better home in those reaches of existence where no one lives. Fill me with life as I continue in the land of the living. Make me see things with Your eyes, that I might see the potential and power of Your presence in others, in me and in the things You've called me to do. Let me see my family with more love, beyond what I've considered faults or shortcomings. May they see the same in me. In my work, let me work as though life depended on what I do. If I am unhappy or uncertain as to where I should be in my vocation, speak to me and lead me to where I can best serve. For my church, may the Holy Spirit come and reign in every heart and soul. I pray for all pastors, including mine, that they might continue to follow You with faithfulness. This I ask in the Name of He who is life, Jesus my Lord, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

e.v.