Wednesday, August 04, 2010

DAY SIX IN A JOURNEY OF GRACE

Amazing God, bless this dear reader in all that they need and face today; in Christ Jesus I pray, amen.

In our journey of grace, we learned of all that God shares and does for us. The words of the hymn by John Newton give a great inspiration messgae of all he experienced, and how he went from slave trader/captain to servant of the Lord. Here's stanza one:

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound,
That saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found,
Was blind, but now I see.

The sinner knows when his/her sin has been removed. Until that point of having it removed and receiving new birth in Christ, life is miserable. All that life can throw at us hits us hard and we think we have no recourse or that we are alone. Sin has a way of doing that to us. It drags us down with it into a place where all that Jesus said would happen, as found in John 10:10: "The thief comes only to steal, kill, and destroy; I have come that they might have life, and that in abundance." Sin, if allowed can steal from life the fullness and vitality of life. Sin also kills. The Bible says, "The wages of sin is death." Not much of a paycheck. Destroy means just that, everything is wiped away and we're close to having nothing. On the other hand, Jesus' promise sounds great: He came that you and me could have life and not just existence, but the fullness of life; the joy and vitality, peace and joy, of being alive in Him. Not a hard choice is it? We can choose to go from being a "wretch" to being alive. We can claim as did Newton that we have gone from being lost to being found, from being blind to being able to see. How sweet the sound indeed.

Make your choice today, to be the person the Lord offers you to be.

PRAYER: Loving God, cleanse me of my sin. Restore me to fullness of life. May my relationship with You bring life to me and through me, to others. I ask this in Christ Jesus' precious and powerful name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde