Thursday, August 19, 2010

GOD IS OUR HIDING PLACE

Blessed Lord, may the needs of this dear reader bring honor and glory to Your Name, in Christ Jesus I pray, amen.

Here is our text for today from Psalm 71: 1 In you, O Lord, I take refuge; let me never be put to shame. 2 In your righteousness deliver me and rescue me; incline your ear to me and save me. 3 Be to me a rock of refuge, a strong fortress, to save me, for you are my rock and my fortress. 4 Rescue me, O my God, from the hand of the wicked, from the grasp of the unjust and cruel. 5 For you, O Lord, are my hope, my trust, O Lord, from my youth. 6 Upon you I have leaned from my birth; it was you who took me from my mother's womb. My praise is continually of you.

Did you have a favorite hiding place? Did you have one as a child? I've shared that my hiding place in Kingsville was under our house. Our home was one on blocks and there was a crawl space where a small child could hide. It was cool and shaded down there and the cares and worries of the world faded away while there. I felt safe and secure. Listen to David as he shares what he feels in his relationship with God. As I believed that the cares and worries of the world seemed to fade away because I was hiding under the house, they did not. But in our trusting relationship with the Lord the cares and worries may not completely fade away but our attitude and spirit about them help us face what we face and that is what David is saying.

In God we have that confidence of living life without fear or shame, the wicked, the unjust and the cruel will have no power or control over us. God is our hope and our trust, from before our birth until after our death.

PRAYER: Gracious God, hide me in You. I know the day may bring things I do not look forward to, but in You I can find the newness of faith and hope to see me through. Grant me that joy that comes from having hope and trust in You. I ask this in Christ Jesus' precious and powerful name, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord.

Eradio Valverde