Wednesday, November 06, 2013

I Know My Redeemer Lives!

And He and All Believers Will Stand Upon the Earth

From Job 19:23 "O that my words were written down! O that they were inscribed in a book! 24 O that with an iron pen and with lead they were engraved on a rock forever! 25 For I know that my Redeemerlives, and that at the last he will stand upon the earth; 26 and after my skin has been thus destroyed, then in my flesh I shall see God, 27 whom I shall see on my side, and my eyes shall behold, and not another.

From Job's mouth these brief words of faith in the midst of his torment. His declaration of faith, he believes, is worthy of being written down and recorded for all history. His faith as written on a rock should last forever as a testament of faith to future generations about his faith in the living God. Given all he had to suffer and endure in this cosmic battle between God and Satan, Job at this point offers a statement of faith: "I know that my Redeemer lives, and that at the last he will stand upon the earth," and further he adds, even though my body has been destroyed, "in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall see on my side, and my eyes shall behold, and not another." The theme continues in the scriptures for this week, at that the end, Christ will prevail. The God of the living will bring life to those who have died in the faith, and as early as this prophetic declaration by Job, the message has remained the same, "the resurrection of the body" as we declare in the Apostles Creed, and the promises of Jesus Christ to those in the faith of victory over sin and over death.

Where have you written your faith? Is it written in your heart in such a way that your mouth can share it? Is it written in your soul in such a way that you life can live it? Is it written in your mind where your whole being can declare it? It's a message worth sharing, especially with those who have not yet heard nor cared to hear.

PRAYER: Let my life proclaim in such a way that it gets written in the minds of those who see me, that I know that my Redeemer lives and that one day, even after this body has wasted away, I will see in my flesh, God, whom I shall see on my side. This is my prayer, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde