Thursday, December 18, 2014

I Will Sing of Your Love Forever

How Do You Express Love?

From Psalms 89: 1-4; 19-26: I will sing of your steadfast love, O Lord, forever; with my mouth I will proclaim your faithfulness to all generations. I declare that your steadfast love is established forever; your faithfulness is as firm as the heavens. You said, "I have made a covenant with my chosen one, I have sworn to my servant David: "I will establish your descendants forever, and build your throne for all generations.' " Then you spoke in a vision to your faithful one, and said: "I have set the crown on one who is mighty, I have exalted one chosen from the people. I have found my servant David; with my holy oil I have anointed him; my hand shall always remain with him; my arm also shall strengthen him. The enemy shall not outwit him, the wicked shall not humble him. I will crush his foes before him and strike down those who hate him. My faithfulness and steadfast love shall be with him; and in my name his horn shall be exalted. I will set his hand on the sea and his right hand on the rivers. He shall cry to me, "You are my Father, my God, and the Rock of my salvation!'

My wife has a collection of letters, poems, silly writings, cartoons, etc. that a certain young pastor wrote to her while trying to woo her. I pray those will be destroyed upon my death. They were expressions of my love to her. In this psalm we see the psalmist expressing his love towards God, and his inclination, given his musical talents, was to sing of his love toward the Lord forever. He would use his vocal abilities to share all about God's faithfulness to all generations. Though his voice is now silent, his words are still with us; and many are those of us who still count the psalms as blessings of inspiration and encouragement.

The second part of this psalm goes into sharing what happened in his own life. God spoke a word of faithfulness to David and his household. The promises shared here speak of what God would do and did do, for David while king of Israel.

What has God done in your life that inspires your creativity and sharing? What is stopping you from singing, dancing, shouting, writing about the faithfulness of God in your life? Whom has you blessed with your message about God lately?

PRAYER: Come, Holy One, into my heart in ways that inspire me to shout and proclaim of Your love and faithfulness to me and my house. Let me speak a word of inspiration and encouragement to others today; in Christ Jesus I pray, amen.

Have a great and blessed day in the Lord!

Eradio Valverde